NGD - Condiment Content, but with a dark twist... (56k = Serious?)

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Well after ages of umming and arring, lots of shopping and emailing around and my own personal indecision I decded the guitar I was gunna buy this time around had to be of a custom or near custom grade, I wanted something lesser known, I wanted Swamp Ash and a true hardtail, DiMarzios, and I didn't want figured maple, but I did want a slightly less ordinary finish/look.

Then I found this.

IMG_0421.jpg

It's a Mayones Regius Gothic, I bought it brand new which really isn't like me, and FUUUUUUUUUU.

This is genuinely incredible, forgetting about how superbly well made it is, how much I love the look and how insanely cool that top is, the clarity of this thing is just like nothing else I've ever heard. Even rolling through some of my silly high gain patches on the Axe, every single note on every string has massive power and depth, you hear every detail and it's truly wonderful to play. The construction is actually flawless, I now have a silly low action and with my 11-54 on there there's a bit more feel. The neck is comfortably thick. It's not as noticeable in the hand as my Jackson RR1, but it makes something like a JPX feel really tiny. It's wider than say my strat neck though. The bridge is actually a trem spacing, not tunematic spacing, which is really nice. The bridge feels very nice under the hand, is very easy to set up, and seems to be the source of the sound when played acoustically which is a weird feeling. I've never heard a guitar sound this clear, punchy and versatile, it is just phenomenal.

As a buyer of such an expensive, custom (ish) grade guitar, I did expect to get more silly case crap but got none :( I used to sell Techra cases though, and they're very good indeed, it's nice to have a Mayo logo on it too, shows they put some effort in and didn't just stick it in any old case haha.

I will definitely be buying another, I'd love to say before the end of the year but I have other stuff to buy.

I had massive expectations for this and it blew them away, this is on a whole other level than anything I've experienced before. Just an amazing sound.

MOAR PICS (definitely worth clicking the enlarge button, they obviously aren't full size though, the internet would break)

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

:scream::scream::scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Wow, that is a great no-nonsense looking guitar. Simple and beautiful.

It's the first Mayones to make me say "wow" (crap, just did it again) :D:D

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I thought you were getting a 7 string, but I suppose it's okay having one less string. :p Tis gorgeous!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^I buy lots of things, but normally cheaply and do lots of selling too, the income goes a long way.

...towards buying more gear :lol:

I'm so happy with it, I don't think I've ever owned a guitar before and not felt like any aspect of it was some kind of compromise on what I actually wanted until now. Amazed. I've been debating buying a custom as well recently, but this is so good I'll probably just buy another Mayo if the hunger strikes.

Thanks guys :)

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
I'm going to have to stab someone for one of these bad boys.

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
That thing is sleek, and simple. But damned brutal looking. Want.
Congrats duder

soliloquy

Reaction score
i'm not much for strat shaped guitars as i usually dont find them classy...BUT THAT THERE IS ONE SEXY BEAST!!! :O

I Voyager

Reaction score
I saw the title, looked at the first pic, and went

"WHO IS THIS CONDIMENT BRAND AND WHY ARE THEY RIPPING OFF MAYONES"

Then I went

DERP-sonic-the-hedgehog-10015621-640-553.jpg

Enter Paradox

Reaction score
For this model, do we have to place a custom order? Or are there any variations of the ash grains?

Because I am seriously considering one for my graduation! :hbang:

and Happy NGD!:bowdown:

Latest posts

')