NGD - Condiment Content, but with a dark twist... (56k = Serious?)

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
^ exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for reminding me that Mayones makes wonderful not customs as well. (my wallet will also thank you)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
That is the type of guitar you would bring to a black tie event. I'm kind of upset I just posted that, but that's what I think. You can now call me lame.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome guitar man! Good to hear you finally got it :) Keep enjoying it!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

Just to settle any concerns you guys might have, that isn't on concrete, there are some very cleverly positioned socks between the Earth and the Mayo :lol:

As for the custom thing, the Regius Gothic is a production model but its quite limited, they normally come with horrible knobs and Blackouts too, but there are quite a few options you can change at no charge. It just happens that I wanted blank fretboard, DiMarzios and the speed knobs and they'd just made one so I bought from the shop who ordered it.

Seriously though, no part of that guitar was in contact with concrete at any stage :lol:

broj15

Reaction score
may ones does such a great job finishing swamp ash. The guy from tesseract i believe it was posted pics of his new regius and they look amazing. I'll assume thats a reverse mounted crunchlab in the bridge. Does putting the bar closer to the bridge really effect the sound that much? Happy NGD, by the way!

BrianUV777BK

Riffmiester General
Reaction score
I've never heard of Mayone until I started coming here regularly......

However, that is one sweet guitar!

zack6

Reaction score
SOOO F**KIN NICE GUITAR!!!

just ask, i just wanna know, how much the price for standard mayones guitar??
i'm really interested on this thing

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
This has D-Sonic in the Bridge, which I'm very familiar with as its one of my favourite pickups ever! In this case, it is inverted yes. This can have a massive impact in some guitars and others its less noticeable, I tend to think its more obvious in darker guitars. Between this and my RR1 Jackson, you wouldn't know it was the same pickup the two sound vastly different, but they have different bridges and different 'wing' material too (RR1 has Alder wings, this has Swamp Ash wings).

In this case, I can hear that extra sharp, alertness of the D-Sonic so I'd say its having it that way is definitely noticeable.

The neck pickup I just found out is a FRED, which was a bit of a surprise. It's really bright and really nicely defined and harmonics just leap out of the pickup. I've tried the FRED in the bridge of a JS1000 before and never thought of it as making a good neck pickup but it really does. Everything that I like about it in the bridge, the richness and warmth but bright attack paired with those amazing colourful harmonics. Great stuff, I might try on ein the neck of my RR1 instead of a PAF Pro.

Standard price of this guitar is €2290, but they can be had for less if you're willing to shop around. I think Mayones recently increased their prices quite a bit. For once, these actually cost more in the USA than the EU too, lol.

zack6

Reaction score
Standard price of this guitar is €2290, but they can be had for less if you're willing to shop around. I think Mayones recently increased their prices quite a bit. For once, these actually cost more in the USA than the EU too, lol.

almost $3000 :nuts:
quite expensive for me :lol:
i've been searching about the price and i found this BlackHawk Music that sell regius for 1450 poundsterling, but still quite pricey :lol:

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
DAT ASH :cool:

Seriously, such a nice guitar. I have a real soft spot for nicely grained ash guitars, and you sir have got one of the nicest ones I've seen in a long while. Enjoy it man. :yesway:

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
LOL I know how that feels like, I felt filthy rich when I visited Bandung last month!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
BlackHawk are no longer a distributor, any stock he has left (and I don't think he has any) is very old. I EMailed him first off and it literally took him weeks to get back to me (I asked about the single pickup Regii he had) and he didn't try to engage me, he wouldn't even tell me where he was based :( I bought from Dionysios Matsikas in Athens, with the Manager Nick who gave me great discount and loads of help and advice. If/when I buy another Mayo it will be with them, I can't recommend them enough to anyone in EU.

On another note, I forgot how much I hate Sperzels, a set of Schaller locking heads will be on their way to me soon...

Thanks again dudes, this has literally taken me months to decide on and then find and eventually receive, I can't put into words how happy I am. If anyone in the UK is considering one, come to the south of England, find me, see it for yourself and prepare you wallet, worth every penny.

EDIT: I've owned about 30 guitars over the years, I've never said that about anything, every guitar I've owned has always had some massive detail that I hate and just live with (JPX - the stupid inlay and horrendous feedback [AMAZING SOUND AND PLAYABILITY!!!], UV7BK that bridge pickup just wasn't for me and being collectiable I felt bad changing it, standard JP6 body too small for me, RG2228 was a bitch to setup to get low action on top AND a clean sounding low F [though I would buy another if it was cheap] to name just a few over the last couple of months ).

zack6

Reaction score
Hey man, look at this way, at least it's not like 1232238293289 trillion Zimbabwean dollars :lol:

:lol: then every Zimbabweans has become "zimbabwean Bill Gates" because they have many trillion dollars on their wallet :lol:

BlackHawk are no longer a distributor, any stock he has left (and I don't think he has any) is very old. I EMailed him first off and it literally took him weeks to get back to me (I asked about the single pickup Regii he had) and he didn't try to engage me, he wouldn't even tell me where he was based :( I bought from Dionysios Matsikas in Athens, with the Manager Nick who gave me great discount and loads of help and advice. If/when I buy another Mayo it will be with them, I can't recommend them enough to anyone in EU.

On another note, I forgot how much I hate Sperzels, a set of Schaller locking heads will be on their way to me soon...

Thanks again dudes, this has literally taken me months to decide on and then find and eventually receive, I can't put into words how happy I am. If anyone in the UK is considering one, come to the south of England, find me, see it for yourself and prepare you wallet, worth every penny.

EDIT: I've owned about 30 guitars over the years, I've never said that about anything, every guitar I've owned has always had some massive detail that I hate and just live with (JPX - the stupid inlay and horrendous feedback [AMAZING SOUND AND PLAYABILITY!!!], UV7BK that bridge pickup just wasn't for me and being collectiable I felt bad changing it, standard JP6 body too small for me, RG2228 was a bitch to setup to get low action on top AND a clean sounding low F [though I would buy another if it was cheap] to name just a few over the last couple of months ).

oh i see why BlackHawk only sold 2009 mayones
i wish i had that 2290 EURO :bowdown: :bowdown: :lol:

Latest posts

')