NGD - Condiment Content, but with a dark twist... (56k = Serious?)

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats! I have recently gotten into a Mayones craze. I'll have a Setius NGD posted tomorrow :hbang:

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe one of the nicest looking guitars I've seen on here

btw, is the headstock some sort of figured maple? it doesn'y like the same finish as the guitar body?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I played Misha's 7-string version of this the last time he was in town, and it's an incredible instrument. Congrats!

SammerX

Reaction score
I have looked at this several times and every time my jaw drops. Mayones has got to be making some of the most gorgeous guitars out there right now.

That bridge looks awesome- I love the minimalist design of it.

ThatBrownFella

Reaction score
Jesus fucking christ!! I don't think I have enough words to describe how awesome that axe is, let alone how fucking jealous I am!! Fun111, well done and fuck you :D

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Thanks again all you guys, I'm so happy with it. Feels like I've had it for years!

Maybe one of the nicest looking guitars I've seen on here

btw, is the headstock some sort of figured maple? it doesn'y like the same finish as the guitar body?

It's birdseye maple with a trans black finish over it. Looks weird in pics but really nice in person. :)

Northern

Reaction score
Thats just awesome.
I love my Regius. The clarity is insane, and the playability likewise.
Waiting for my second Regius, currently being built. Really excited for that.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
m52544_do_want.jpg

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
Just saw textures a few days ago playing their customs, they have the same tops. Absolutely gorgeous. Beyond good.

Murmel

Reaction score
A Mayones is on my list of things I have to acquire before I die.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Lol, didn't expect to see this bumped.

Well I've had the guitar nearly a month, currently using 12-60 tuned down half a step -> Axe FX Ultra -> Mackie HD1221, so my rig has changed vastly over the last 2 months, I have to say I'm happier now than I ever have been with a setup.

The guitar is still a joy to play, it's stupid loud acoustically an this is coming from a former JPX owner (anyone who's played one knows what I mean). I have changed the machine heads to Schallers now, the Sperzels didn't feel good from day one, particularly at the kinds of tension I put on my machine heads. It hold tuning very well, I'm in love with the FRED in the neck, and the bridge position is more versatile than I'd expected. I have the best cleans and lead sound I've ever had, ever ever ever, and I'm happy with my Rhythm but still spoilt for choice a bit.

Point is, honeymoon's over and I still can't think of anything I'd change about this guitar. I definitely recommend anyone unsure about one of these just take a leap of faith, you won't be disappointed.

NB I keep wanting to try other pickups, but that's just me looking for something to fiddle with, fact is I don't want different pickups I just like doing the work :lol:

Latest posts

')