NGD - Cort - EVL K57B

• Thread starter AlexeyKo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexeyKo

Reaction score
Searching my first sevenstring guitar i chose some guitars as options to decide which one to buy: Ibby 7321 or Schecter Omen-7. But later i found out that Cort also producres 7 string guitars. I searced and found EVL-K57B. So i decided to play on it. When i started play on that it was just :hbang: It was that sound which i have been looking for. I liked 57 much more than 7321 because it sond's much better for me both on clean and with dist. Dat EMG's and 27" made their job :agreed: Very comfortable neck and great access to 20-24 frets.

Little specs:
- bolt-on neck
- mahogany body
- 27" slace length
- 3 pieces maple neck with rosewood fretbord
- 24 XJ frets
- EMG-HZ7 (H-H)

Sorry for my bad English. So here some pics and i will make some demo, asap.

Attachments

• DSC02189.jpg
    DSC02189.jpg
    947.2 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC02190.jpg
    DSC02190.jpg
    721.2 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC02179.jpg
    DSC02179.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC02181.jpg
    DSC02181.jpg
    705 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC02182.jpg
    DSC02182.jpg
    652.6 KB · Views: 165

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
That bridge pickup looks pretty far up.. Mixed with EMGs I'd be kind of skeptical on how tight that'd sound. Do you notice any difference or is that the only 27" you've owned/played?

Also Cort guitars are pretty nice, it's a shame that they like to throw various satanic things on their good models :scratch:. I'd feel way too odd playing one of them, seeing as I try to stay as far away from satanism, wiccan, judaism, christianty, islamic, etc etc. as much as I can :lol:. Put a yin and yang on it though and I could totally dig it :D

AlexeyKo

Reaction score
As for me it sounds fatty than Ibby. Maybe i will chage pup's and it will sound better. And yes, they would look much better without that signs but i bought it and every evening i call Satan :evil:

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I'd say check out Blackouts, might help to tighten up the lowend a bit more. Otherwise maybe an 81-7 instead of a 85-7 or 707 for the bridge, honestly that space might be beneficial in adding a bit of lowend to the 81-7 that it always seemed to be lacking IMO

flyingV

probably drunk
Reaction score
Happy NGD, Cort Guitars are awesome.
However, if those are the same EMGhz´s that have been in my Schecter Damien 7 then I would say get rid off them. I replaced them with SD Blackouts and it´s just another level brutal, really :D Don´t be afraid of the massive output those things produce, the volume knob works pretty well to adjust that to your liking.

ModestM

Reaction score
God, I've been waiting for something like a review or homemade pictures about these for ages! The specs are really nice except maybe the emg hz-s. But since Seymour Duncan makes passive seven string pickups in that size, it's not that bad either. Oh, and that bolt-on looks really amazing and comfy. And happy NGD, by the way!

fgarde

Reaction score
Thinking of getting one as the tones are pretty okay already (but planning to swap them for BKPs in the future) but a concern is, can the bridge be changed from Tune-o-matic to hardtail? also thinking of changing the bridge to a hipshot one as well... thanks for the replies! :) :hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:

')