NGD, crazy pawn shop deal Content.

• Thread starter AxeHappy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
Wow! If only I could hope to be so lucky! What a great guitar! I'm really happy for you and the price you paid.

But think of the poor sod that sold the thing to the pawn shop for probably $250-$300... if even that much.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
That's awesome dude, the best deals I've ever seen in a pawn shop is an LTD Alexi for $100 more than they go for new and a Gibson Flying V that was beat to hell for maybe $50 less than new because as they said, "Its a Gibson and it's worth at least $3k in this condition because it's a Gibson."

jl-austin

Reaction score
It's a fake! You can tell because the tone and volume knobs are switched!

Haha!!!

I hate to rain on the parade, but it was probably stolen. No way in the world would someone sell a Jem for $200 or $300 at a pawn shop, a guitar store would have offered more. :(

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
It's a fake! You can tell because the tone and volume knobs are switched!

Haha!!!

I hate to rain on the parade, but it was probably stolen. No way in the world would someone sell a Jem for $200 or $300 at a pawn shop, a guitar store would have offered more. :(
Drugs make you do strange things. Or someone had the guitar on loan and never picked it up and if the loan was cheap enough and shop didn't know what they had....can easily happen. Some of these Pawn shops don't know dick about instruments and think all are shit if they don't say Gibson or Fender on them.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
What a score! I've always wanted a jem, $600 for one is just madness. Congrats

AxeHappy

Reaction score

If it had have been RV Electronics (now closed) I would agree completely. But the pawn shop I scored it from has a good reputation and deal with a lot of instruments. Typically low-end stuff but still.

Also, the cops in London have no problem cracking down on Pawn Shops, and the shops are required to keep records of whom/etc they got the item from!

So, I'm fairly confident It wasn't stolen and I just capitalised on some poor bastards bad luck.

NickSBTT

Reaction score
Good lord! I've never found anything even remotely special in a pawn shop. Happy belated NGD

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I had never even been *in* a pawn shop before I got the JEM. If it hadn't been for the one of the other guitarist in my band (whom registered here recently...got to get him to post up his NGD...) I never would have even know about it. ALL PRAISE TO HIM!

Jemp

Reaction score
Damn lucky bastard you :D I should go more often in pawnshops...damn man :lol:

Latest posts

')