NGD, crazy pawn shop deal Content.

• Thread starter AxeHappy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
READ MY STORY BEFORE PICTURES:

The other guitarist in my band was randomly in a local pawnshop yesterday (or Tuesday I guess it would be now) and saw a JEM for $599.99. Seeing this ridiculous price he naturally assumed it was a fake and asked me to come look at it.

I thought it was likely a fake at that price as well, but what could it hurt to look.

So, today around 12:00 we go to look at it. First thing I noticed was the authentic Edge Pro. Than the real Dimarzios. And the Proper, not one of the 3ish used serial numbers. The proper neck type (1 piece maple for an '04). The angled jack, the right look for the monkey grip and the not shitty job on the lion's claw route.

Obviously, I bought it. Still not quite believe it's real. I take the strings off to get clean it (as boy did it need to be cleaned) and took the neck off, and the pocket and neck are both stamped correctly. Fucking crazy!

With tax, $680 for a JEM. With a shitty generic case, but I don't much care about that. Haha.

Anyways here are some pictures:

I'm terrified that someone will post with explicit detail why it is a fake, which is why I haven't posted it to Jemsite, but if it is, it is one HELL of a fake.

Also, before anybody calls me out on being a douche for buying this out from under the other guitarist in my band, he just bought a lovely Saber off this site and as such did not have the money for it. He wanted it to be real so that he could own it vicariously though me. Hahaha.

After I got it all cleaned up and strung up and setup...it plays crazy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spilla

Reaction score
Very nice, pawn shops are becoming a thing of the past in my area, let alone being able to find a JEM in one! Congrats.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
The other guitarist and myself are both still in a bit of shock ourselves. Can't really believe it.

Elijah

Reaction score
Best deal ever? Ha just thinking of what they might have given the poor guy that owned it before you for it makes me want to cry ha.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Best deal ever? Ha just thinking of what they might have given the poor guy that owned it before you for it makes me want to cry ha.

I know!

You know, I gotta get into this mode of finding deals like that. They are out there.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
Good find! she's beautiful my man :eek:

Deals like these are awesome because even if you turn around and decide to sell it down the road you'd be making good money! Congrats dude! Makes me think i should visit some pawn shops of my own just to see what's up lol.

Depressed_Oracle

Reaction score
jelly_toast_Strawberry.jpg

Grats! :cheers:

s4tch

Reaction score
Such a story would never ever happen in Europe. Of course I am jelly. Great score, man, needless to say.

Latest posts

')