NGD: custom Dæmoness Cimmerian (SO GOOD)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Some of you may have followed the somewhat epic buildstory in the Luthiery and Modifications section of this glorious site (if you haven't you might want to check it out here: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...ots-of-maple-y-goodness-within-many-pics.html).

Anyway, I got to go and collect this beauty from Dæmoness workshop today, and despite having been able to check up on the building process at almost every stage, the final product was no less amazing to see.

First things first, some crappy pictures (I'm planning on getting some pro shots taken in the near future):

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

Final specs:

Dæmoness Cimmerian 7 body, w/Contemporary carve option
Set-neck construction (w/thumb-notched heel)
5A quilt maple top on a korina body
3pc flamed maple neck, ebony board. Black binding
Bare Knuckle pickups: Rebel Yell bridge, VHII neck (also BKP custom pots and NOS Russian cap)
Hipshot bridge and locking tuners, recessed Dunlop straplocks

I was planning on recording a set of clips, but Logic is not co-operating tonight. I'll hopefully get some done in the next few days.

The fit and finish are absolutely flawless on this thing, but I expected no less from Dylan, having observed the whole process. The setup job is incredible, the action is practically on the deck but there is no buzz or anywhere on the board. The frets are dressed and crowned to perfection, and in general the guitar is a dream to play. I'm so happy with how the neck profile came out, it's perfect for me.
One cool thing is that with the fairly steep headstock tiltback, the strings have an extra stiffness when you hit them or bend them. I dig this alot, because I love the sound of lighter strings, so this way I get the sound I want with the solid feel you get with heavier gauge strings.
I've only had a couple of hours playing time with this, but the initial prognosis on its tone is excellent. It's got a lovely snarl in the midrange, but coupled with a nicely smooth top end and incredible clarity across the range (gotta love those Bare Knuckles!). The VHII in the neck of this guitar is giving me what has to be my favourite neck tone to date - juicy, with a wonderful flutey hollowness. Looking forward to presenting some clips to you guys :)

That's it for now, it's been an awesome journey this far, can't wait to get to spend more time it!

:wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
Dylan is a masterful artist from what I've seen from him.
You sir, have an exemplary instrument. That finish is beyond words.
But why this 7 and a BRJ 7? different specs?

Enzo

Reaction score
:holy: :holy::holy::holy::holy::holy::holy:

Can you explain me two little things?

1 - Recessed schaller straplocks? Wait a sec, how will they work properly?
2 - About the strap lock position on the upper horn. How is it? I'm thinking of doing the same on my guitar.

I'll be glad if you answer my questions.

Killer flamed maple neck!

thesimo

Reaction score
wow, really nice, so many unique features..
The headstock is sweet & that twist on how the curve for your body turns into a bevel on the front is badass.

The neck joint is like a bolt on without the bolts! the little curve you had added for the thumb is also genius, I'm sure plenty of people will copy that in the near future.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Thanks for commenting guys :)

Dylan is a masterful artist from what I've seen from him.
You sir, have an exemplary instrument. That finish is beyond words.
But why this 7 and a BRJ 7? different specs?

Yes, the BRJ will be pretty different, but equally awesome!

:holy: :holy::holy::holy::holy::holy::holy:

Can you explain me two little things?

1 - Recessed schaller straplocks? Wait a sec, how will they work properly?
2 - About the strap lock position on the upper horn. How is it? I'm thinking of doing the same on my guitar.

I'll be glad if you answer my questions.

Killer flamed maple neck!

The straplocks are made by Dunlop: Dunlop - STRAPLOK® FLUSH MOUNT.
The button on the back of the horn works really well, the guitar hangs perfectly. If anything the strap twists less with this arrangement :yesway:

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
great to see this finished! i read most of the build process thread.

Murmel

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar :) Though I would personally never put the toggle switch at that location. If I'm on the neck pickup I'd probably accidentaly change to bridge all time time. I have the same problem with Les Pauls, but the other way around :lol: (Which is also way more annoying...)

shadscbr

Reaction score
Congrats! I love the flamed neck. :)

Shad

Enzo

Reaction score
Thanks -Nolly-!

I said Schaller? lol
I actually did. Jesus chirst i'm dumb. Sorry!

You got a kickass guitar right there!
Stunning look and probably plays like a dream!

The little thumb curve you did there is pretty epic.

Sound samples? Yay? :yesway:
:hbang:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
So it's finally done! It's been a long, painful wait Nolly (yes, painful even for us freaks stalking the build process :lol:). Congratulations! It's such a unique and extremely beautiful guitar! Can't wait for the clips man! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
GOTM I think for sure. Beautiful.

Between this, the BRJ7 and your other guitars, whats going to be your main guitar? :lol: They're all so awesome.

Reaction score
Finally!
Nolly, that looks awesome. Makes me want one!
But a video presentation with RedSeasFire songs would be much appreciated!
Cheers man! Enjoy!

')