NGD: "custom" Ibanez RG7321

• Thread starter TKOA-Dex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TKOA-Dex

Master of Thall
Reaction score
So I got a used 7 string! Finally. It's a tricked out RG7321! It looks way classy and plays awesome! It's got a Dimarzio Air Norton 7 in the bridge and a PAF7 in the neck. It's sounds real nice. It has 500k pots, a 5 way switch, an upgraded jack, and most noticeably, the custom pickguard!

It features the newer, non Gibraltar Ibanez hardtail bridge, and I actually like it a lot. I don't know what year it was made, but it has the new bridge but a 5 piece neck, unlike the newer ones. It's a good neck, but veeeeery glossy. I might satin it but I don't know if I want to.

Overall it's in really good condition too. There are scratches, a spot where they messed up on the pickguard (barely noticeable), and some scratches in the neck, but it plays really good and I'm super happy with it!

More pics to come! This should hold you over though. (Don't know why it got flipped sideways though.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 388

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Hey, congrats on joining the Ibby 7 team. Those 7321s are great, are they not?

A few corrections, though:
It features the newer, non Gibraltar Ibanez hardtail bridge, and I actually like it a lot. I don't know what year it was made, but it has the new bridge but a 5 piece neck, unlike the newer ones. It's a good neck, but veeeeery glossy. I might satin it but I don't know if I want to.
One- you mean... older bridge, right? The 7321 always had the classic hardtail with the bent baseplate until 2010 where it got the new Gibraltar (the uncomfortable one with the raised shoulders) which stayed on it until it was discontinued in 2012.

And two- they also always had the 5-piece necks. The 7421 is the similar model, MII, with a one-piece neck unlike its 2000 predecessor, which had a three-piece maple/bubinga neck.

And yeah, you probably do wanna satin that neck. Just buy some steel wool and rub it up and down the neck until you've eradicated all the gloss.

:cheers:

And again, HNGD.

TKOA-Dex

Master of Thall
Reaction score
Oh cool! Thanks for the facts pikka. That means it's an older Ibby, which is great for me! And yeah it IS an amazing guitar. I am absolutely loving it. Even though it's Indonesian it feels like one of the most solid built and well playing guitars, thanks to all the upgrades. I probably wouldn't know the difference from it and an MIJ! I am so in love with it.

mr_rainmaker

Resident Cherokee
Reaction score
welcome to the 7321 club,some are soo nice,you wonder if its a real indo ibby,but there are quite a few dogs out there that make you loose faith in guitarmakers.

')