NGD: Custom Shop 7-String Dean RC7 Sky Blue Quilt

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Oh my flying ..... You win, I don't know what we are playing , but you won.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Wait that's a DEAN?! Holy cow people weren't kidding when they said the high end ones are infinitely better. HNGD!

Overtone

Reaction score
HNGD! It's gorgeous and looks really comfy to play!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks delicious Nick - congrats bro!!

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
That is delicious..... that could be the best Dean i've ever seen.

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
That ones at home but I'll grab pics of that next :)

Thanks man. What do you hate about them, just the shape or flat neck? I cant say enough good things about how they play and the quality. I just dont really dig the EMGs but otherwise Im content with it :)

just the neck i know it's not for everybody :hbang:

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Yum :yesway:

That is really really nice. The neck sounds sweet and it is all about the neck after all is said and done eh?

You forgot to tell them "reverse headstock" in the excitement of ordering right? :lol:

The new pickups should look awesome, wouldn't mind updated pic when you get them changed. That will make a great wall paper on my computer and keep me thinking of guitars I have no business buying ha.

HNGD :bowdown:

* not to get off track however since you have access to more nice guitars any day of the week than most people do in a lifetime... I'm wondering what scale did you have your baritone made to?

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
A Dean with class?! This is preposterous.

Just kidding....hngd for sure.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Holy crap, that's awesome! You just know that someone at Dean is hitting themselves in the forehead, saying, "Man, sales would have taken off it we would have done a blue quilt like this." That thing is easily the best looking RC I've seen.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
So if any of you guys know me, you know how much I hate and trash on Dean guitar. I straight up don't like them. However this time I must say that your Dean is by far the nicest guitar I have ever seen them make before. I bet it plays amazingly also. I played Michael Angelo Batio's guitar and it was pretty good. I am sure that one is equal if not better in quality.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So if any of you guys know me, you know how much I hate and trash on Dean guitar. I straight up don't like them. However this time I must say that your Dean is by far the nicest guitar I have ever seen them make before. I bet it plays amazingly also. I played Michael Angelo Batio's guitar and it was pretty good. I am sure that one is equal if not better in quality.

Honestly it seems like everyone, including myself, has hated on Dean in the past. I was guilty of it because when I thought of them, like many of you I thought of corny budget import Dime models and other shapes that didn't appeal to me. However as soon as I played a USA RC7 and some of their other good USA/Custom guitars, my perception completely changed. They make amazing stuff if you let them. They're up there with anybody in my opinion.

* not to get off track however since you have access to more nice guitars any day of the week than most people do in a lifetime... I'm wondering what scale did you have your baritone made to?

My baritone Green Xenocide has a 26.5" scale, which is more than enough to intonate the standard G tuning I use on that one with good tension. I use 11-49+65 on that one. This Aqua Quilt one is a 25.5" and is tuned ADGCFAD with 10-46+60. Feels amazing.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
That's beautiful!! Love that top and the white pups are slick!! Congrats! :)

Jzbass25

Reaction score
It is gorgeous, so does the CS not allow you to go passive pups though? (since I saw you aren't really an emg fan)

Latest posts

')