NGD: Custom Shop 7-String Dean RC7 Sky Blue Quilt

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
UPDATE: As I mentioned originally I was intending to put Bare Knuckle Painkillers with Burnt Chrome covers in this guitar. Today that happened, and MAN does it sound incredible. Mops the floor with the EMGs. The Painkillers in mahogany just rip. Here are some pics...

10.jpg

11.jpg

09.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
just wow! congrats Nick! I feel sorry for Rusty , your guitar is better then his signature model :)

Haha, thanks. Yeah his model is cool but thank goodness for the custom shop is all I can say :)

Mklane

Reaction score
Whoa! I missed this somehow, that axe is a beauty. Love the way it looks with those Bkp's too.

vishallica

FumbDuck
Reaction score
Thats one of the most beautiful guitars i have ever seen.
Sick as hell!!!
PS: it appeals to me more with the white EMGs though.

MWC262

Reaction score
Honestly looked sick with those white EMGs, but that quilt looks too good. I was surprised it was a Dean. Their CS has definitely hit it out of the park! Congrats!

Qweklain

Reaction score
Damn that looks great! Can't say I like the burnt chrome pickup color choice personally. Doesn't mix very well with that gorgeous blue.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Honestly looked sick with those white EMGs, but that quilt looks too good. I was surprised it was a Dean. Their CS has definitely hit it out of the park! Congrats!

I liked how it looked with the white EMGs also, thats why I had them make it that way. Unfortunately I just wasnt completely satisfied with the tone of the EMGs. The Burnt chromes look a lot better in person, its hard to photograph. Most importantly though it sounds exponentially better now :metal:

lobotom

Reaction score
UPDATE: As I mentioned originally I was intending to put Bare Knuckle Painkillers with Burnt Chrome covers in this guitar. Today that happened, and MAN does it sound incredible. Mops the floor with the EMGs. The Painkillers in mahogany just rip. Here are some pics...

10.jpg

11.jpg

09.jpg

I'm late to the party but DAMN! That ain't right. This is gorgeous. Definitely the best looking Dean ever!

Alex

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
With my increasing OCD about guitars... WHY DOES IT NOT HAVE A KNOB ON THE VOLUME POT?!

Seriously though, you getting a nicer knob on there?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
With my increasing OCD about guitars... WHY DOES IT NOT HAVE A KNOB ON THE VOLUME POT?!

Seriously though, you getting a nicer knob on there?

It does have a knob on the volume pot, relax ;) Just not in this picture. EMGs use 25K pots which are smaller, whereas the 500K passive pots are a slightly larger size, meaning it needed a new knob. I took this picture immediately after the pickup was installed.

Reaction score
This looks absolutely sick!

Btw, what is up with the upper horn, I've noticed some of the custom shop rc7s have a slightly thinner upper horn than the USA models do...am I crazy or does anyone else notice this?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This looks absolutely sick!

Btw, what is up with the upper horn, I've noticed some of the custom shop rc7s have a slightly thinner upper horn than the USA models do...am I crazy or does anyone else notice this?

Probably an optical illusion, they've all looked the same to me.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
Fvvvvck... meeeee...

That's real clean dude, definitely HNGD!! As white as those EMG's are, they give a whole new meaning to "soap" bar pickups :lol: otherwise absolutely stunning. Hope it plays as good as it looks.

Andrew11

Reaction score
Very cool guitar Nick!!! Congrats!!

Those BKP look just awesome, even though I'm a EMG guy.

')