NGD: Custom Shop 7-String Dean RC7 Sky Blue Quilt

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I definitely prefer the visuals of the burnt chrome over the white EMG's. The EMG's didn't seem to fit visually in my opinion. Really nice looking Dean, right alongside the Black/Green one. Being a member of this forum is always a little painful to me. Everyone's got such nice looking instruments while I'm stuck on the low/low-mid price range. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;3741107 said:
I definitely prefer the visuals of the burnt chrome over the white EMG's. The EMG's didn't seem to fit visually in my opinion. Really nice looking Dean, right alongside the Black/Green one. Being a member of this forum is always a little painful to me. Everyone's got such nice looking instruments while I'm stuck on the low/low-mid price range. :D

Hey man we've all been there. I played on low-end/mid-level stuff for years, it makes you appreciate the better stuff later on. I never take any of my gear for granted because of that. Besides even low end guitars can be made to play and sound nice with a proper setup/upgraded electronics/hardware.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Ugh the specs are amazing, on just normal rc models, but i just cant get over the headstock or id probably have a few myself! but id definitely make the exception for this one, its just gorgeous.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ugh the specs are amazing, on just normal rc models, but i just cant get over the headstock or id probably have a few myself! but id definitely make the exception for this one, its just gorgeous.

Just not into Ibanez/ESP style in-line headstocks? Since Dean is a custom shop, they could always make a different headstock shape if thats your major hangup.

one word stunning!!!!

Thanks man :)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Have they recently slimmed down the upper horn on the Rusty Cooley models? It looks way more balanced than it used to.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
This thread NEEDS pics of the back and sides. Drown us in that beautiful guitar my friend. :D

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I've noticed the thinner upper horn as well, it seems to be on all the ones Nick has on his website that he's sold, but on other websites they are still thicker on one side. I like the new ones better, as stated above, far more balanced. I have to order one of these now, damn you!

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
An yes please can we have some side and back shots of the Blue and Green RC7's!

I really want to see, not that I need any help deciding anymore hahaha

C

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've noticed the thinner upper horn as well, it seems to be on all the ones Nick has on his website that he's sold, but on other websites they are still thicker on one side. I like the new ones better, as stated above, far more balanced. I have to order one of these now, damn you!

Have they recently slimmed down the upper horn on the Rusty Cooley models? It looks way more balanced than it used to.

This thread NEEDS pics of the back and sides. Drown us in that beautiful guitar my friend. :D

They have changed a few things on them from the original models back in 2007-2009, but so far all the newer ones I've personally seen have looked to the same to me. Perhaps I'm not as perceptive as some of you guys, or perhaps the pics are just slightly misleading. I dont know :)

The guitar is definitely very balanced and comfortable. I'll try to take more pics soon but the guitars are at home not at my shop at the moment.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Recorded some clips with this guitar today. Will hopefully post tomorrow. Sounds too ....ing sick.

J7string

Reaction score
Damn, I'm pretty jealous lol. Those woods look killer, and I bet it sings like a beauty. Happy NGD! Thing looks like a cross between PRS' wood collection and Dean's mean aesthetic.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Damn, I'm pretty jealous lol. Those woods look killer, and I bet it sings like a beauty. Happy NGD! Thing looks like a cross between PRS' wood collection and Dean's mean aesthetic.

Yeah it honestly sounds more like a PRS, with with more of a tight snappy sound due to the ebony board and maple neck, but it sounds thick and huge with the mahogany body + BKPs.

ceiling_fan

Reaction score
I had a dream about this guitar last night, the upper horn broke!

I really need to try one of these RC7's, fan of Rusty Cooley or just the guitar? Looks awfully comfortable.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had a dream about this guitar last night, the upper horn broke!

I really need to try one of these RC7's, fan of Rusty Cooley or just the guitar? Looks awfully comfortable.

Haha. I'm all about the guitar. Simply put these play like an old Ibanez but better, sound amazing, and custom built for me in 3 months. Couldn't ask for anything more. I'm not into Rusty Cooleys music, just like the design.

')