NGD: Custom Shop 7-String Dean RC7 Sky Blue Quilt

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I havent posted a NGD day in a while as I usually like to keep my personal collection fairly private, but this one was just too awesome not to share with y'all. This guitar came about because I've always loved the neck profiles on the USA RC7s, which are Ibanez style but flattens up even more as you go up the neck, but I wanted to customize things things a bit. First they built me a baritone "Green Xenocide" one with direct mount BKPs and glow-in-the-dark side-dots and now this fella: a mahogany body, AAAAA quilt top, ebony board 7-string with white EMG 81-7/60-7 pickups (soon to be replaced by Burnt Chrome covered BKPs).

I am psyched! It came out beautiful, sounds great even with the EMGs (I 18V modded it the moment it came in, which helped), and just plays like absolute butter. I also have a couple Ibanez J-Customs/LACS/Prestige stuff which I still adore, but these are quickly becoming my favorite 7-strings on the planet. I'm going to probably be using this at a show on Sunday so I'll see how it holds up then. So far so good, though!

04.jpg

03.jpg

01.jpg

05.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
That is quite possibly the best looking Dean ever built. I have heard their CS prices aren't half bad, either.

HNGD!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I love it to death. Supremely punchy and resonate.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
that top is amazing... pics of the back?
HNGD

The back and the sides are natural mahogany, you can kind of see in the first pic. I can take more pics soon though, sure :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pics, you tease!

That ones at home but I'll grab pics of that next :)

I hate RC guitars but yours looks so awesome

Thanks man. What do you hate about them, just the shape or flat neck? I cant say enough good things about how they play and the quality. I just dont really dig the EMGs but otherwise Im content with it :)

Latest posts

')