NGD: Custom Shop 7-String Dean RC7 "Ultra Violet" Quilt

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
And then there were three...

I ordered this puppy for myself back in September and to my delight it just rolled in. Once again, I could not be happier with it! It plays like a dream, looks gorgeous, and sounds amazing. Many of you have seen my other two in my collection (Aqua Quilt and Green Xenocide) from previous NGD threads. These are definitely my 3 favorite guitars in my arsenal along with my baritone PRS. I cant wait to start using this live, as my other 2 have been killing it for me so far.

This one features a 5pc Mahogany/Paduak ultra-thin neck, Mahogany body, Ebony fingerboard with no RC inlays, Luminescent side dots, 16" fingerboard radius, single DiMarzio Blaze pickup in the bridge for now, a Floyd Rose Pro 7 bridge, which differs from my others with the OFR7, and of course a stunning 5A quilted maple top with a custom Violet stain they did for me with matching headstock. I f'in love this thing :metal:

PROS: As with my other 2, best playing 7-strings ive played. Visually and sonically perfect. Setup also spot on.

CONS: I didnt actually know I was getting a FR Pro instead of the OFR, but I can have an OFR installed if I want so its cool. So far the FR Pro seems fine but I've never tried one before as all my other RC7s have the OFR.

On to the pics...

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Damn it man. That's really classy & ERRR all at the same time. Nice speckage, congrats.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
That is a wicked finish....had to put on my sunglasses....HNGD!:cool:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
INSANE!!! you must like that Dean RC guitar a lot. ;)

Yeah you could say that! ;) It was an easy choice for me. I am an Ibanez guy and still own several of those. These play like that but IMO even better, and have more options. So for me its the perfect scenario.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That might be the coolest finish I've ever seen.

I would have to agree. They followed the reference picture I sent nearly to perfection, but I wasn't expecting the subtle burst effect which is really badass.

These deans that you keep showing us are insanely awesome. The tips are all really fantastic

Thanks man.

Dat Quilt:yesway:...can we see its profile?

The neck profile? I will try to take another pic soon, however if you look at the photo of the back, you can see how it thins out after the 12th fret or so. Look at the reflections. Its like an old Ibanez Wizard neck but gets flatter as you go up vs fatter as you go up.

ev_o

Reaction score
Really sad that the production models switched from the pros to the ofr's. Ofr's dig into my wrist so bad. Your Dean's are look so killer!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
so slick, so classy.

hngd :metal:

you should take a family photo :)

Great idea, I think I'll do that tomorrow :)

Really sad that the production models switched from the pros to the ofr's. Ofr's dig into my wrist so bad. Your Dean's are look so killer!

There really are no production models, unless you mean the import RC7.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
Nice guitar....
But that finish! :eek:
That is a beautiful finish on that guitar, especially on the headstock, which I like a little more.

sell2792

Reaction score
So sexy... I honestly much prefer the FR Pro for the sake that it is low profile..

SandyRavage

Reaction score
This color is incredible....was never a fan of these models until I saw some of the recent custom colors.....HNGD