NGD - Custom Shop DINO CAZARES + Fear Factory !!!!

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Thank You for the comments :)

I'm with scherzo1928 when I ask, how did the maple/ebony overlay come about? I'd never heard of such a thing before (the more I think of it, the cooler it sounds). .

OK, so I hope I'll not mess up anything while writing about this :ugh: (I heard Fender used this technique in the past.)

So first there is a Maple fretboard (core) - the radius, fret slots are all made/prepared on the Maple fretboard, later an already shaped 1mm Ebony overlay is glued on the Maple fretboard.
This process itself takes more time than your "average" fretboard gluing/building but this makes the neck/fretboard more rigid, which makes the resonance/sustain better. :bowdown:

So there it is :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RCB

Reaction score
^

Sounds cool. If I ever get a custom shop job done, I'll certainly keep this process in mind. Thanks for clearing that up.

Now enjoy your new axe you lucky son-of-a-gun (and yes...I'm still green with envy :squint:).

:wavey:

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Thank You for the comments :)

OK, so I hope I'll not mess up anything while writing about this :ugh: (I heard Fender used this technique in the past.)

So first there is a Maple fretboard (core) - the radius, fret slots are all made/prepared on the Maple fretboard, later an already shaped 1mm Ebony overlay is glued on the Maple fretboard.
This process itself takes more time than your "average" fretboard gluing/building but this makes the neck/fretboard more rigid, which makes the resonance/sustain better. :bowdown:

So there it is :wavey:

That's really cool. And to be honest, I wondered about trying something a bit like that when I started my build, but using a thin layer of cocobolo over ebony, since I had a coco fretboard that turned out way too thin to use on it's own.

Glad to know that actually works.

Sebastian

Reaction score
That's really cool. And to be honest, I wondered about trying something a bit like that when I started my build, but using a thin layer of cocobolo over ebony, since I had a coco fretboard that turned out way too thin to use on it's own.

Glad to know that actually works.

That's cool man :) It works and it works fine :yesway:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
woah, i have missed that thread....Sebastian, that was you? I was on that show too haha..

Petie

Reaction score
Dino Interview

But in the end - Dino got in contact and got his guitars back :yesway:

Hey, that's my article! (I was sent over here by my website stats) Did the article play any role in helping Dino getting his guitars back? I'd love to think I could help if possible, but either way I'm glad he got his axes back.

Churchie777

Reaction score
Man i can't begin to explain the levels of jealousy!! AMAZING guitar and what would have been an amazing night lucky bastard!!!

wanna trade for my GR hahahah

Sebastian

Reaction score
Hey, that's my article! (I was sent over here by my website stats) Did the article play any role in helping Dino getting his guitars back? I'd love to think I could help if possible, but either way I'm glad he got his axes back.

Hi :)
I discovered the article after Dino already got the guitars (got in contact with the Person that had that 2 guitars) :lol:

But still you did a great interview :yesway:

my dream 7 string :( but with fixed edge pro7 ...

Well from what I know Dino uses Tremol-No's... so it can be a simple solution :) Still You never know what the future will bring :)

Man i can't begin to explain the levels of jealousy!! AMAZING guitar and what would have been an amazing night lucky bastard!!!

wanna trade for my GR hahahah

Thank's - Indeed amazing guitar :bowdown:

haha nah.. no trades :squint:

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Lucky son of a gun!!! Fear Factory are awesome and you are now awesome for hanging with Dino!!! Congrats dude!

mat091285

Reaction score
Hey Seb. is your Digimortal Replica a Baritone? and what gauges you using on it now? and tuning? Many thanks!!! :p

Sebastian

Reaction score
Hey Seb. is your Digimortal Replica a Baritone? and what gauges you using on it now? and tuning? Many thanks!!! :p

No. It is not a baritone. From what I know most of Dino's 7's are standard scale :yesway:

Gauges. Dino style :metal: 10-46+54 D'Addario for Standard A.

I think Dino uses 9-42+ 52 or 54 for B standard, or just the same set as for "A", you could Ask Rick for more details, Rick rules :metal:

Personally, on my other 25.5" 7 i use D'Addario EXL-120-7 (9-42+54) for B standard

Hope I could help :)

mat091285

Reaction score
Ur the man!! the myths of Dino's guitars have been solved!! :hbang:

Plz do a cover on your Seb. DigiMortal Sig. :shred:

No. It is not a baritone. From what I know most of Dino's 7's are standard scale :yesway:

Gauges. Dino style :metal: 10-46+54 D'Addario for Standard A.

I think Dino uses 9-42+ 52 or 54 for B standard, or just the same set as for "A", you could Ask Rick for more details, Rick rules :metal:

Personally, on my other 25.5" 7 i use D'Addario EXL-120-7 (9-42+54) for B standard

Hope I could help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')