NGD :D

• Thread starter noob_pwn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Well, not really an NGD because I've been working on this baby for a few weeks now, but finally finished today
icon_biggrin.gif

I bought it as an incomplete project, an Fugijen Ibanez 7420 off fellow forumite Haggus. This guitar plays and sounds like a dream (come true hehe), my new favourite axe. Comparing this to my old 7321 is like comparing a Ferrari to a Holden Gemini (sorry Dan!). I've never heard a basswood 7 sound so well balanced and alive! The sound is pure, organic and absolutely hair raising across all 7 strings with tightness I've never heard from passive pickups before. The midrange is punchy & crunchy and the low end is colossal. The thing sounds gigantic. Note articulation is incredible and the neck is soooooooooo fassssssssssssssssssssssst!!!

pickups:
bareknuckle painkiller bridge
bareknuckle cold sweat neck

other mods:
original floyd rose 7 tremolo
petrucci-style wiring (3 way with outer coils in mid position) with CTS pots & switchcraft jack.
Knobs that go to 11!!! and matching switch tip
teh paintz (by my good friend/luthier/painter/wizard at ET guitars)

DSC02091.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02094-1.jpg

DSC02095-1.jpg

DSC02096-1.jpg

DSC02098-1.jpg

DSC02099-1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Totem_37

Earth's Yellow Sun
Reaction score
That looks fuckin badass man!

Where did you find an OFR 7 for it? I've been looking for one for my DC727C for a while now.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
wow that looks grat!
cool colors in the swirl.
3 questions for you
#1 what's the Painkiller sound like in the bridge (I have a Miracle Man in my 7620 that I love)
#2. what did you have to do to get the OFR in there
#3 and how's the string spacing (B and E any closer to the edge of the fret board?)
(the high E looks prtty close to the edge in those pictures) I'd love to thow an OFR on my 7620, the trem is really the only thing I don't like about the guitar.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
i just checked out the link to your site, what in the world is it?
what in the world is what? :lol: You talking about the picture of Blue Gene/L with space Glenda (the plan 9 bunny) chopped onto the fronts? lol

')