NGD: Daemoness Chronicler "Black Mass" (derpy unboxing video included)

• Thread starter Blytheryn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
So, first thing's first... "teh pr0nz"
IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

Specs and the official pics:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/daemonessguitars/photos/?tab=album&album_id=992296924250187

Snagged this insane guitar off of Marco from Hour of Penance, who was looking for some stuff that I just happened to have sitting in my apartment. It arrived earlier today, and I haven't been able to put it down. Actually opening the case was akin to that scene in Pulp Fiction when Vincent opens the briefcase. I've been drooling over the stuff coming out of Daemoness HQ since I first saw Misha's Cimmerian in an issue of Metal Hammer back in 8th grade. Getting on here, I was able to interact with dudes like Narad, IbanezDaemon and Maj Meadows, who did nothing to quell my insane GAS.

Let's talk about the guitar, huh? Well upon playing it, it feels rock solid, and "seamless" in a way. There's almost no way to tell that this guitar isn't just one piece of solid wood. The guitar sits comfortably in my lap as any LP does, and the neck profile feels like a slimmed down, and possibly wider version of your normal ESP Eclipse neck. Love it. The heel is super sculpted and there's no issue at all getting up to the 22nd fret. This is the first guitar that I have owned with stainless steel frets, and they feel like butter. The fret ends are great, the neck feels worn in, in a way that is very smooth and pleasant.

Massive acoustic tone. Just right out of the case, this thing rings. It sounds heavy. It sounds dark. This isn't your 80's glam metal strat. It's a full on mahogany weapon of sonic annihilation. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like through a 6505 and an HM-2. Plugged in, it's acoustic properties transfer right over, and I have to dial the bass WAY down, because so much of it just comes from the guitar naturally. It punches your chest and rumbles your balls. Awesome.

The top just broods... You think at first that you're looking at a black guitar, but on closer look you see that there's this crazy figured maple burl top there, and on the headstock too. I've never been much for burls, or any kind of wood figuring on guitars, but this is really helping flip my opinions right around.

I can't think of much more to write, as those who've tried a Daemoness surely know exactly what I'm talking about. To those who haven't, Dylan knows his stuff. This guitar feels perfect. Fit and finish is on point. Now I've gotten this guitar in great condition, but gently used, so I can't comment on anything out of the box. However I'll finish off with saying that this guitar is made by an extremely talented craftsman and artist who puts 100% of his ethos and skill into his instruments, and you feel it.

I'll be off learning the entirety of Storm of the Light's Bane now... :lol:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Fuck yeah dude. Literally having a Daem dream come true today! Some epic Chris moves and the goods are yours. This is seriously the perfect single cut. So amped that you got it! Congrats, for real!
Time to follow up on your ethics duty and BW it.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Fuck yeah dude. Literally having a Daem dream come true today! Some epic Chris moves and the goods are yours. This is seriously the perfect single cut. So amped that you got it! Congrats, for real!
Time to follow up on your ethics duty and BW it.
First order of business right there. Riffs are flowing like an everflowing stream!

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Awesome, man -- very happy for you!

Unboxing vid is not the greatest angle though lol

I realized that. Utmost apologies, didn't have the optimal conditions and decided to wing it, the next one will be better!

Thanks man, totally lives up to the hype.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Wow! So stoked for you Chris. I knew this one was coming, actually within minutes of you striking the deal! Gotta say it's one killer looking axe and the most badass singlecut I've seen. The fade on the finish is awesome, very subtle yet so effective. That's you in the club now mate and I'm wishing you godspeed on your upcoming Daemoness build as well. Did you get those beers in btw? lol!!

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Wow! So stoked for you Chris. I knew this one was coming, actually within minutes of you striking the deal! Gotta say it's one killer looking axe and the most badass singlecut I've seen. The fade on the finish is awesome, very subtle yet so effective. That's you in the club now mate and I'm wishing you godspeed on your upcoming Daemoness build as well. Did you get those beers in btw? lol!!

Thanks Paul, I'm shocked at how good this guitar feels to play. Definite honeymoon period, but I imagined it would be this good, had no idea what to expect. Given this, I'm absolutely confident Dylan will nail my incoming build when time comes. Beers are going down, and the black metal is blasting loud. This guitar was born for trem picking.

Looks awesome. Ive been envious of many of your NGD these last months this one as well. Nice to see the artisanship can still exist in a black guitar. Enioy the hell out of it!!

Oh I will. It's time to get my chops back up to where they once were. I'll tell you, all the NGD's I've had have been eclipsed (puns anyone?) by this guitar. Sure it doesn't have 24 frets and a Floyd, but Dylan will take care of that in due time. I'll make sure this guitar doesn't stay in my bedroom, and that it gets the publicity it deserves.

Last edited:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
The honeymoon period will wear off but not much Chris. As a Daemoness player of 4 years now they still feel inspiring to play every time you plug in.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
I'm a LP lover, and I don't like anything about this one. Not trying to rain on any parades, just being honest. Glad your stoaked though dude!

Its likely the way it sinchs in so much in the middle. Just slightly off from a traditonal LP shape enough to cause some weird mental issues. Either way Im sure it plays like a dream

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Actually forgot to mention this in my OP:

Cheers Marco for being a stand up guy and likewise Chris!!
Trade deals like this...lot of trust involved and you guys pulled
it off. Good to see!!

Latest posts

')