NGD: Daemoness Custom Cimmerian (With the ripple inlay\water theme)

• Thread starter Roo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Shiiiieeeeett!! That thing is amazing! Dylan is delivering too many beautiful guitars :)

(This might be NFSW... Beware)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Dear mother of god, dude, that is one of the most stunning guitars i have ever seen... lord almighty. amazing. and that inlay is probably the best inlay inlay i've ever seen. wow.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
GOTM? I would put that in my top 10 best ever. :bowdown:
Shape - Kills
Head Stock Shape- Does not suck.
Controls - Awesome. Location not bad either ha.
The StellarTone tone POT is going on my Strictly 7 too. I respect your build just for having that :cool:
Inlay - I would have put it somewhere where it didn't matter, maybe up at the widest point of the board. I don't like inlays that flow [pun] outside the 12th fret. I get confused ez haha. IOTM lol. Badazz inlay. Art, like the rest of the guitar ha.
Binding - Looks great on your build. It looks "right".
Mojo - 100%

Yeah, add me to the list of "if you ever wanna sell that guitar". Really.

Disco Volante

Reaction score
GOTM right there my friend. That 12th fret inlay is amazing as is the finish. I always had a thing for water-themed quilts.

Quinny

Reaction score
That looks like a serious beast indeed, love it!! Well done and congrats Nolly!! (Niall here btw, finally got round to registering on ss.org)

kruneh

Reaction score
Awesome!
A great deal of good ideas, fantastic woodwork and amazing finish.
I want one :D

revclay

Reaction score
That thing is good...I mean, real good. I want to be friends with it...congrats on the epic new axe.

Roo

THE THICKNESS
Reaction score
Many many thanks guys. Its still blowing my mind every time I play it. And thats just it, every time I walk into the room, if I've left it on my bed I cannot help but stare at it, and then pick it up. I really don't know if I'll keep my old 7 anymore (The maverick species 7) although I will probably do some work on it, perhaps rip off the finish and dye it a more natural woody black. In fact there are very few of my original guitars I'll still play now.

I'm actually really missing going in to the workshop and visiting it/hanging out with dylan, it was a great process, made the price tag even more worth it. And whilst watching Gojira at Bloodstock fest whilst a teensy bit stoned, I sort of started thinking about my 6 string custom which I decided I would go for sometime in the future, however I had not planned to do this for some time at all, so infuriatingly having some sound ideas about it made me sort of consider getting some more solid designs on the go. A similar idea to the 7, but with a different water inlay and probably a thru blue burl top, maybe a swamp ash back, HSS config and hipshot trem (not a full blown floyd of course, just something subtle like a strat style trem) thats the plan.

Thanks to all of you voting it GOTM, lets get Dylan on there. Maybe we could try and get both Mine and Nolly's up for a dual win!

Was talking to a new customer of Dyl's with Adam recently, and there's a tasty new daemoness 7 on the way, in a similar vein to ours. Freaking excited about it! Watch out for that one!

Kayzer

Reaction score
This is probably the coolest inlay I ve ever seen!

...and i am normaly a NO inlay guy at all!

Taskeruss

Reaction score
This guitar is seriously kicking ass!!! I've got a Dæmoness 7 being started around sept as well fully can't wait :hbang:

NeglectedField

Reaction score
Roo knows how I feel about this. GOTM hands down.

The only downside of having a guitar like this is I'd be too scared of anything bad happening to it.

Roo

THE THICKNESS
Reaction score
I am really very paranoid that something bad will happen. But Dylan makes his stuff to be super durable. The satin finish on the rear is still un marked, not by belt OR belly friction. Also the finish on the front is something like single polymer or something (Iheard Nolly on about it) so its really really hard to damage, and if it does, it just needs sanding down and refinishing and its literally good as new. Legend

')