NGD day (a week later, sue me)

• Thread starter jski7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jski7

Reaction score
Got this kickass Apex 1 from Rich/IbanezRules last friday. Before I go on, a word or two about the inlay: I don't care if you like it or not. That's not what this thread is about. If it makes you cringe, that's cool. Just don't fill this space with a whole bunch of whining please :squint:. The Apex (and the K7) are pretty badass in their own right. They're assosciated with Korn, and that causes a lot of trauma for some - I actually like Korn so it doesn't bother me. this guitar sounds as good as my old K7 - very dark and heavy while still maintaining A LOT of clarity and separation in the notes. Even under really high gain situations, it's crystal clear. The PAF 7s are damn good. Some believe that lower output pups aren't suitable for rock/metal, but they actually work well (for me anyways). I'll save the rest for the review, and move on to the pics :yesway:. (sorry for the shitty quality and date - grabbed the wrong camera)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Rich from IbanezRules is a pimp. The setup was absolutely flawless when she arrived, and his attention to detail is unmatched. He actually called me before it shipped to let me know that the nut was missing some Powder Cosmo coating because someone in Japan apparently tried to radius it a little better than stock. FWIU, most Ibanez 7 nuts are flatter than the fretboard, meaning the outer strings are usually higher and the middle strings lower than they should be. Then he discovered that they tried to thru-mount a top-mount nut :nuts: leaving only 3 or so threads to mount it due to the way they countersunk the top holes. He corrected that as well. All in all, I'm completely happy with the experience and the guitar. Like I said, I'll post a full review a little later on, so stay tuned. :metal:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
WHOA that cracked body style is very strange looking, but very cool! That guitar looks like pure win! Nice

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks great- congrats!! I should be getting my new 7 from Rich in a few weeks :pray:

King_nothing621

Reaction score
looks great! I want one, but I think everyone would kill me if i spent that much on a guitar. Is it worth it's hefty price tag?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I actually really like the star inlays, I just wish it didn't have the cancer symbol as I'm a pisces :lol:

Congrats on the guitar man.

jski7

Reaction score
looks great! I want one, but I think everyone would kill me if i spent that much on a guitar. Is it worth it's hefty price tag?

Considering that I paid basically retail for a guitar that is completely inspected, set up, has had the O.G. locking studs installed, and shipping included then yeah, its well worth it. Quality from the factory is damn good (on mine at least). Dare I say that it'll give some of the PRSs' I deal with on a daily basis a run for their money? Absolutely as far as sound and build quality go. This thing is a beast for the price. (note: PRS is great, but not the be all, end all of guitars)

FortePenance

Reaction score
That finish feels really cool to play. Like leather. I actually smelt it to see if it smelt like leather. :lol:

Good to see an Apex1. Don't see 'em often on ss.org it seems. :\

Rigor Mortis

ur so oppealin ,,.!
Reaction score
The inlays totally kill everything about the guitar and the thread...

Haha, just fukkin. Great lookin' axe man. Who cares if anyone likes the inlays? Its your guitar. Play the hell out of it.

darbdavys

Reaction score
God, i'm so fucking jealous :D been craving for one for 3mts maybe :D i'll start saving up for this baby after i buy new pc (will be my 1st 7 :p)

darbdavys

Reaction score
Didn't want to make a new thread. I've got ~$850. Should i get a new monster pc (this one's maybe 7y old :D) or save up and buy this guitar (which i've been craving for a long time). If i buy pc now, i'll still start saving up for apex1, but it'll take a lot longer (not old enough for a job :D). Dilemma :p

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
Win! love the look of these, still haven't seen or played one myself but if they're anything like the K7s they most likely rule, hard!

Hows the neck on these, any different to the K7?

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats on the guitar man. So how does that finish feel and look up close? Is it leathery? Or is it just finished to look that way?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice score. Rich is the man, I imagine the guitar plays like butter, nothing beats his setups imo. Congrats! :hbang:

turmoil

l0rd of teh shr3d
Contributor
Reaction score
looks cool dude but i don't like that inlay

jski7

Reaction score
Win! love the look of these, still haven't seen or played one myself but if they're anything like the K7s they most likely rule, hard!

Hows the neck on these, any different to the K7?

Basically it's a K7 in different clothing. The only difference between the two necks is the volute (sp?) at the headstock. This has the Edge Pro 7 as opposed to the Lo Pro also.

')