NGD DC800 Flamed Maple

reklawhcaz

Hi-tech Red-neck
Reaction score
Got my new DC800 yesterday. Finally put it down long enough to upload some pics.

-5 piece Maple and Mahogany neck-thru
-Mahogany Wings
-Jumbo Stainless Steel frets
-Birdseye Maple fingerboard
-Flamed Maple top (with I might add near perfect book matching)
-Tung-oiled neck
-Triple step finish
-Natural body biding
-Black hardware and logo

I think thats it except for standard stuff everybody knows.

20140207_084807_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140207_085421_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140207_085328_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140207_085137_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140207_085123_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140207_085047_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140207_084945_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140207_084847_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140207_084820_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Absolutely in love with this thing. Next year (or hopefully later this year) Im getting a CT7. Was really impressed with this guitar. My first Carvin. My only complaint (which is my fault) is the part of the back of the neck joint where the triple step finish just "ends" and then tung-oil. Kind of strange looking but at least its on the back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Congrats, dude! Looks great.

As far as the back of the neck goes, that is how all of their gloss bodies to tung oil necks look. Also, triple step finishes only apply to the guitars top and matching headstocks, not the back of the body. It is just a way to make the quilt/flame maple pop a bit more. So don't worry about the neck joint, man. That is the way they do it on every guitar.

The way to get around that difference in finish would be to get the entire guitar done in the same type of finish. Ie: all gloss, all tung oil, all satin. Rather than gloss body and tung oil neck.

It still looks killer!

reklawhcaz

Hi-tech Red-neck
Reaction score
Congrats, dude! Looks great.

As far as the back of the neck goes, that is how all of their gloss bodies to tung oil necks look. Also, triple step finishes only apply to the guitars top and matching headstocks, not the back of the body. It is just a way to make the quilt/flame maple pop a bit more. So don't worry about the neck joint, man. That is the way they do it on every guitar.

The way to get around that difference in finish would be to get the entire guitar done in the same type of finish. Ie: all gloss, all tung oil, all satin. Rather than gloss body and tung oil neck.

It still looks killer!

I figured its just what they did and I didn't pay attention when I was spec-ing it out. I love it though for sure. Just looks awkward. I wanted that "pop" of the flame on the front so I decided against tung-oiling the whole thing. And I love the feel of natural necks without lacquer or paint. All in all well worth everything. I love it. Thanks!

fps

Kit
Reaction score
AMAZING!! And tung oil and stainless frets, you hit the golden options! How does it play? Carvin's quality is rock solid, top tier guitars.

J7string

Reaction score
I saw this guitar in Carvin's Facebook page. That top/bookmatch job is just out of this world. You got yourself a real keeper in more than one way.

reklawhcaz

Hi-tech Red-neck
Reaction score
AMAZING!! And tung oil and stainless frets, you hit the golden options! How does it play? Carvin's quality is rock solid, top tier guitars.

Like butter. I have 3 Ibanez's, a schecter, and a guitar I built very similar to Ibanez. This is the best. I love the neck. It's my first 8 string I've owned so I was going out on a limb but I love it.

reklawhcaz

Hi-tech Red-neck
Reaction score
I saw this guitar in Carvin's Facebook page. That top/bookmatch job is just out of this world. You got yourself a real keeper in more than one way.

Yeah it's a beauty. They did a flawless job on the book matching.

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
Carvin did do a sweet job on that top. You got a great looking guitar. Congrats!