NGD DEAN RC7 mahogany

• Thread starter UltimaWeapon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
My schecter is gone and my new Dean from Florian arrived... i thank to him for everything...
:hbang:
IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

EDIT: SHyat :D bad section

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I hate you emmensily for ownign that guitar. The rc7x was awesome. I can only imagine what that guitar feels/sounds like.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
I hate you emmensily for ownign that guitar. The rc7x was awesome. I can only imagine what that guitar feels/sounds like.
I wnat to know too XD... the currier called me when i was at work and so i run back to my flat to take some shots and back working... This night id like to set up the action and change the strings, then ill do some Recordings... But the guitar is sooooooo amazing. But i was a little dissapointed
because the frets seems to be like on my schecter... they dont really feel so high. Maybe if i change the strings for some thinner it would be more markable.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
I thought these were supposed to have some ungodly huge frets? :Scratch:
They are actually but the guy who owned it told me that the top string is 72 or 74. And thats huge... i think with thinner strings like 60/62 it would be much better.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice guitar but damn that's got to be the worst way to package/ship a guitar. Just paper wrapped around the case? :noway:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice guitar but damn that's got to be the worst way to package/ship a guitar. Just paper wrapped around the case? :noway:

Yeah, seems like a big gamble, particularly with UPS. :eek:

Glad it's okay.

Awesome-looking guitar, I've always wanted to play one, BTW.

mark105

Reaction score
Looks great, I intend to get one of those. Looking forwrd to the clips and more pics.......congrats.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Mahogany is meant to provide a much warmer and beefier tone than basswood, alder, or maple, right? (enormously beginner question)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mahogany is meant to provide a much warmer and beefier tone than basswood, alder, or maple, right? (enormously beginner question)

In theory it's supposed to be "warmer", "darker", and more bassy, but there are dozens of factors such as what species of wood (there is no "Mahogany Tree"), the particular cut, how dry it is, etc. Then throw in the pickups and amp, and there's less of a guarantee that a Mahogany bodied guitar will have a given set of properties.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
i Just finished the setup... and damn it was so difficult to set up the action and the trem bar for A# tuning... i just cant use to it XD FLoyds hate me... And if anyone has a guitar like this it would be helpful if you can give me som tips. Like about the setup or if 4 springs inside the body arent too much for the tremolo. I can barely use it... but if i take away one its loose like hell and detunes every time :(((

xxxyyy

Reaction score
I'll wonder till the day I die why the hell they (RC I guess...) didn't put a 26 and 27 fret on it... That would be my (almost) perfect non-custom guitar...

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Today morning i tried out on my JSX and omg... the guitar sounds much different even without pluged into the amp (mean different than my hellraiser and much much better). The cleans are awesome. Everything crystal clear and its a joy playing funky stuf on it :D
And the distorted channels are much darker and bassier. Ive tried Rustys setting (copied from his chicken knobs on 3120 XD) and hell yeah its the exact tone. Its just the matter of time to get use to it. Its a really big jump from a guitar which had a bridge, fat neck and longer scale because this guitar has everything oposite. I just can suggest to everyone to get one of these :)

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I've said this many times, the RCs are the only Deans I would ever buy for myself and would like to play. Congrats, mate! :hbang:

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
I try to post some more pics if you want... and if ill be able i try to record some shyt with it this weekend :)

')