NGD DEAN RC7 mahogany

• Thread starter UltimaWeapon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I changed the strings for 9 gauges and the top for 60 and its perfect now. I use 3 springs one extra hard which is connected paralel to the top string and two with medium stiffnes under the heavier spring and the floyd works easy as hell :) So if any of you wants to buy a RC7 then for A tuning buy 10s and for A# 9s... i dont know how it would work with 9s and with 54top on standard tuning but probably should just dont over do it with some "rope" type of strings like 74top XD

:yesway:

Nice to see you got it sorted!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
In theory it's supposed to be "warmer", "darker", and more bassy, but there are dozens of factors such as what species of wood (there is no "Mahogany Tree"), the particular cut, how dry it is, etc. Then throw in the pickups and amp, and there's less of a guarantee that a Mahogany bodied guitar will have a given set of properties.

So what is the particular justification for the extra 700 for this with mahogany over the 999$ RC7x alder body?

Reaction score
I played the USA RC7 at a local store a few months ago. SWEET axe. Definitely for shredders. Mazal Tov! :yesway:

So what is the particular justification for the extra 700 for this with mahogany over the 999$ RC7x alder body?

The RC7X is made in Korea (or some other bastion of cheap labor). The RC7 is made in the USA.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice guitar but damn that's got to be the worst way to package/ship a guitar. Just paper wrapped around the case? :noway:

Exactly what I was thinking. I would be super pissed if I ever received a guitar like that. Especially an expensive one such as this.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. I would be super pissed if I ever received a guitar like that. Especially an expensive one such as this.
I think the paper wraped thing was the best :D The worse was that the guitar traveled from germany and ive got the ID track number... everything went fine, i could track everything 2 days fluently... so 1000kms made with updates, but when it arrived at land destination (to slovakia) the f**** people here are so dumb and lazy that they didnt updated for 4-5 days the tracked item. I was very pissed off like this

And even after i took over the item they didnt updated the situation for another 2 days... :wallbash:

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Yep, Korea - the frets were also different to the RC7G but allegedly they're now the same. Quite a sizeable difference in price....
Really? So if someone would buy a new RC7X it will have bigger frets? That would be cool :D Im soo love with mine USA model but i couldnt comapre the quality of the Korean model. Someone said its cheap but someone that is the same. I want an other one next year for sure, but Rusty said that the newer namm models would be a little bit different with the upper horn... maybe also some new korean models will be out. :D
Could someone tell me if the RC7X is good or not? or against the RC7 usa model it would be just a backup guitar?

mark105

Reaction score
Sounds great Ultima, Now we know it riffs well, Let's here it scream, something shreddy perhaps ? Rock on:shred:

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Hi guys i just like to ask you a question about the transportation of a guitar. My RC7 doesnt have a Solid finish its just a Satin natural so its more like a Raw wood and im a little afraid to transport it form place to place in these cold winter times. I red somewhere that guitars without finish can change the tonality to worse... whats your opinion???

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
as far as i know the problem exists with fast climate change, this could lead the wood to move unevenly and cause cracks and all that stuff you do not wanna have,

AFAIK: if you keep her in a case the temperature change will happen gradually and slowly so the movement should be in tolerance...

this is as much as i know, i hope a wood-crack on the board will explain more :)

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Well, what guitars react badly with is sudden changes of temperatures. If you have to take the guitar outside, put in in a cooler environment such as an unheated room for a few hours. Taking it from a 20° room to a freezing car hold all of a sudden and leaving it there for hours could result in damage. Same goes for when you take it back, give it time and gradual heat change.
When I receive a new guitar I always unpack it and leave it in the case for a few hours before opening it. I don't think the finish has whatever to do with it.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Ou shiat... i dont want to risk that.... i rather buy some cheap "only for Winter" guitar.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
you should be save if you put her in a closed case with a blanket around, then the cooling will happen gradually

ESP_0bsessed

Reaction score
I just let out a bit of sex wee, damned, that thing is soo nicee, not normally a big lover of deans, but wow..

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
The bad thing is that the Case is made only for the guitar and not for a extra blanket XD so i cant put in there anything like that... its too tight :D... But maybe i put something like that at the top of the body and wrap around some part of the neck. Or maybe i just Buy some cheaper guitar just for winter around 250eus... maybe some 6 string just for practicing

Riffmaster

General
Reaction score
I got my original USA RC7 a year or so ago which came with the lo-pro bridge, why does yours have an original 7 string floyd rose?

')