NGD - Dirt cheap Music Man stingray!

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
Hey guys,
let me start by saying I'm a guitar player who just happens to love playing bass as well and I've been in love with Music man bass guitars since I discovered the band Lagwagon back in... well, a really long time ago. I've always wanted one but could never afford dropping the $2,000 on them since really I'm a guitar player who would only need a bass for recording purposes.

That being said I managed to snag a USA Stingray for literally $600 CAD! I would be stupid not to buy this plus it's a dream bass I've always wanted. What's better yet is I didn't even care what condition the bass was in as long as it had at least 4 strings, turns out it was babied and is in mint condition, not a scuff or crack anywhere, plus it came with OHSC which was a bonus to me!

Only thing I might do is change the pick guard to a different colour so it's not black on black Any suggestions? Simple black and white? Grey textured? Tortoise shell?

Ok here are pics, nothing flashy just taken in low light with my phone, I was more excited to share my story than take glamour shots.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
HNBD! Nice find, definitely a good one to snag for that deal. For the pickguard, I would say go with tortoise shell, goes good with the fretboard and headstock.

My buddy is trying to convince me of that too.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
For the pickguard, I would say go with tortoise shell, goes good with the fretboard and headstock.

I was going to say about the same thing. I put a brown tort guard on my black Squier bass VI for this reason - helps lessen the "clash" between the black body and brown board. It actually ties it together pretty nicely.

cmtd

Reaction score
Nice score, I've also wanted a EBMM bass mainly due to some early warped tour type bands.

I second the tortoise shell pickguard, that would look sick

')