NGD: DJC Carpathian 6

• Thread starter big_aug
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

big_aug

Reaction score
I just got this yesterday. I ordered it from Daniel in April. It's absolutely gorgeous. It plays as good as it looks. I was really amazed by how good the wood looks in person. The black limba body and the Wenge neck are stunning. The curves and cuts on the body are a nice touch. I took a chance with a new builder and man did it pay off. Very pleased.

Black limba body
Wenge neck
Ebony top
Ziricote fretboard
SS frets
Locking tuners
Hipshot bridge
Guitarmory pickups

The fret work is awesome. It came to Ohio all the way from Australia and was ready to go out of the box. I tuned it up and it was pretty near perfect. The action is low. The playability is great. The recessed input jack is a very cool touch that I wish more guiyars included. I've owned some really nice guitars lately and this is every bit as nice. I couldn't really find any flaws with the guitar.

The build process with Daniel was stellar. I really can't say how great he was throughout. He kept me updated about every aspect of the build. He sent me frequent messages through Facebook letting me know parts were ordered/arrived, what step in the process he was on, etc. He sent me photos and even some video logs of his work. The longest I ever went without communication from Daniel was 10 days. I never once messaged him for an update because he sent me information so regularly that I never had a need to contact him. To top it off, he quoted me 16 weeks for build time and came in almost a month ahead of schedule. It was truly a top notch experience. I can't imagine it being any better with anyone. I would recommend Daniel to anyone wanting to order a custom from a smaller builder. With the exchange rate for us Americans, Daniel is doing amazing work at a great price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Congrats but we need to see dat grain...so a nice instrument. Is that all wenge neck heavy at all?

big_aug

Reaction score
The neck is heavier than normal, but the body is offset in such a way that it balances really well. It doesn't feel neck heavy so to speak.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Very impressive on all fronts. The guitar looks really awesome, straight forward but well executed and a nice collection of woods in the mix. Watching the build was really rad, but 3 month turn around is really awesome while the great communication is stellar.
Congrats!

Reaction score
this guitar finished up to look unreal! great timbers chosen and it came together so well.
thanks big_aug for the kind words written, and thank you everyone else for the kind words. it is very humbling for people to appreciate my work.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
:yum:

I love the looks of that thing!

HNGD!

big_aug

Reaction score
After owning it for a few days, I have to say I'm impressed with the overall build quality. One guy built it and it's pretty damn awesome. I don't see any of those little flaws that a lot of people get on their custom builds from small operations. It's a really "sturdy" feeling guitar. It doesn't feel cheap or plasticy like some even high end guitars. It's likely the oil finish all the way around that gives it that feel. It's very "woody" lol.

I'm pretty excited to see how the figured Maple Top guitar Daniel is building turns out.

')