NGD: DK2M!

• Thread starter rew
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dk2m jackson
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rew

Reaction score
Nice, simple and elegant! I'm loving this guitar, my first with a floyd. Changed her strings from 9-42 to 9-46, and I've decided to keep her in standard tuning. The only thing that I will change on this guitar is to remove the tone control and move the volume pot to its position. ATM, the volume knob is in my way! I did this with my 7621 and it ended the problem.

Just thought I'd share

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
Sick dude, I used to have a Blue DK2M, it was pretty awesome. There's a white DK2M in mint condition at my local GC for $350... Makes me wish I had $350 xD Should post a video playing that thing man \m/

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Very nice, nice catch mate!

If these would come with the sustainiac I would have bought one ages ago :)

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great guitars for the money. If/when that trem goes out on you just grab a used OFR and it'll be a direct swap :yesway:

rew

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I'm impressed by the trem so far. the only other trems I have to compare it to are a vintage 6 screw on my strat and the hilariously single locking trem on my old rg270dx. My only current complaint is that the arm goes loose on me after a few dives, I'm thinking of replacing it with a schaller arm when funds allow.

rew

Reaction score
Sick dude, I used to have a Blue DK2M, it was pretty awesome. There's a white DK2M in mint condition at my local GC for $350... Makes me wish I had $350 xD Should post a video playing that thing man \m/

Got mine for 250, including a postal monkey case :shred::shred::shred::evil:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
HNGD!

DK2M's are great! Hopefully the new pro series dk2m's compare decently.

potatohead

Reaction score
Bah, I always think my GAS for one of these has subsided until threads like this. Great pickup.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
the whole DK2 series was soooo much win... HNGD !

Gren

Reaction score
Happy NGD! This makes me miss mine immensely, I'll own another one day I'm positive.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Had one of those a few years ago in a blue bengal finish. Great guitar, i just didn't care for the neck shape.

Drowner

Reaction score
I wish I hadn't sold my DK2M. I got mine on CL, where it was circulating forever through what appeared to be different owners. I wonder if it's the same one.

fortisursus

Reaction score
Always wanted to give one of these guys a go. There is something so alluring with the white/maple/black hardware

')