NGD - Douglas Grendel 725's X 2

• Thread starter Sir Euric
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
Well ours finally showed up (a day late) oh well moving on... Yeah these guitars need to be destringed, cleaned and reset up again, everything on these guitars was loose, even the neck joint, so here goes...

Possumkiller sitting next to thy guitars

009Chuckandguitars.jpg

011Chuckandguitars.jpg

My arm

014Myarmandknife.jpg

015Chucksarmandknife.jpg

016Chuckcutting.jpg

019Chuckopeninghisguitar.jpg

021Chuckandguitar.jpg

022Chuckandguitarcase.jpg

Me opening mine

047aMeandGuitar.jpg

070DouglasGrendels.jpg

072DouglasHeadstocks.jpg

0782Grendels.jpg

081GrendelsandRG1527RB.jpg

091neckjoint.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SAWitall

Reaction score
about time they arrive...if these guitars are anything like my douglas 7 id think your more than happy with the bang for buck

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Zey are tweeeeeens.

Sweet dudes.

EDIT:
WTF? Is that spotted carpet?

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
post closeups of the nut. i wanna see if yalls are as bad as mine!

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
Yes, for 160 bucks, they aren't half bad, just need to change out the pickups and the tuners and the strings and tighten everything else up and we'll have some good sounding guitarage.

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for reminding me about the nut, they're pretty shitty IMO, they are white plastic painted black.

068nutdetail.jpg

088Nutdetail.jpg

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yeah we will put in some DiMarzios, Sperzels, GraphTech nut, CTS pots, Swtchcraft jack and toggle, sand them down and swirl them, rip off the freboard and install an ebony one from StewMac with 6105s on it and that should about do it.

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
LOL, just replace everything and have a totally different guitar.

Yeah, I can see they fucked up the end of the fretboard in the pic of the destringed one, and they put rosewood colored wood filler in between the nut and the fretboard.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yeah I dont think I would recommend these to a beginner. Unless they know someone who can set up a guitar well.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
The cases are pretty badass though. Not very expensive and very nice. I would get those for any guitar that doesnt come with a hardshell.

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
Yes, I'm glad I got the cases, really nice for the price. The info for the case is: EGC-200 Baritone, the guitars fit like a glove in them.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
God I love the tone of basswood! Just an unbeatable combination of basswood, maple, and rosewood on a plain black guitar. Makes me happy in my pants.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
and a painted plastic nut to top it off! :lol:

glad you guys are liking them and i cant wait to see what they look like when they are done being modded. i love swirls :agreed:

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
I didn't like swirls back in the day, but now that my tastes have changed, I like them alot, I bought these guitars to have some fun with, try our hand at either ruining these or do something great with them. The nut looks like it was done by an 8 year old, the one on my guitar, the grooves are not straight where the strings sit, I want to also try doing candy with metal flake paint jobs like on the lowriders, candy Tangerine Orange, or candy Apple Red and some others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yeah. Dont even take them apart. We can swirl everything and then clean the paint off the frets.

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
Hah, do a full guitar swirl, need to get something deep to dip them in, like a 55 gal drum.

Latest posts

')