NGD Eastwood Esprit Ultra

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After some googling I see the Esprit was a Fender so that explains why this guitar looks exactly the same 😅

@jwguitar Again, excellent playing and I was not familiar with your background.... You're a busy guy a hell of a player!

jwguitar

Reaction score
After some googling I see the Esprit was a Fender so that explains why this guitar looks exactly the same 😅

@jwguitar Again, excellent playing and I was not familiar with your background.... You're a busy guy a hell of a player!
Thank you for the compliment! Yes this guitar is actually a replica of the Fender Robben Ford model. I believe those were made by Fender Japan back in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Fender Japan made some really cool guitars at that time. Aside from this model they had a really beautiful archtop hollow body. I believe Tommy Tedesco used to play one. Have you seen those before?

jwguitar

Reaction score
Nice...

... why all those faces? It's like a different face expression per guitar chord played... 😁 it's funny... and real!
it might be real or it might be kayfabe 🤣! Either way I’m glad you were entertained!

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment! Yes this guitar is actually a replica of the Fender Robben Ford model. I believe those were made by Fender Japan back in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Fender Japan made some really cool guitars at that time. Aside from this model they had a really beautiful archtop hollow body. I believe Tommy Tedesco used to play one. Have you seen those before?
I remember seeing the Robben Ford guitars in the mid to late 90's but had no idea the Esprit existed before he had a signature. It's a cool guitar for such an odd piece for Fender at the time... Gibson scale with humbuckers and a 3x3 headstock!

Is the Eastwood also 24.75" scale?

Rubbishplayer

Forgive the typos...I'm all thumbs on this thing..
Reaction score
Robben Ford: the only guitarist ever to get Fender to build a Gibson.

')