NGD: EBMM JP-12 Rosewood (first 7 n_n)

Forror

Reaction score
Hey! I saw someone else got one recently so I thought I'd wait a little bit (not to mention waiting for some sun for the first time in weeks)

Anyway, I ordered this from Sweetwater and had nothing short of an awesome experience with their customer service. I was gonna get something cheaper for my first 7 but since I loved my JPX-6 so much I figured I'd go big or go home. I was definitely not disappointed! She plays like an absolute dream and I haven't been able to do anything but play since I got it :shred:! The tone coming from it is superb. The cleans though...good god, the cleans. I think Jonathan said something a while back about the rosewood adding a certain "spank" to the tone and I'd say that's the perfect description.

But pics or gtfo, right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Forror

Reaction score
I had never really owned an unfinished neck like it and once I laid my hands on it I finally understood the hype!

teamSKDM

Reaction score
gorgeous and insanely jealous. Maybe its the sun, or something but the rosewood both fretboard and neck look kinda dry, put some conditioner or some sort of oil (really any kind will help, Ive applied vegetable oil before and had good results after you let it dry up before playing) but itll get it moist and dark and perfect, and then youll have a perfect ebmm jp7. definitely top of my want list.

pylyo

Reaction score
Freakin' beautiful.
That's my dream JP righ there, favorite JP finish and the RW neck. GAS overdose.
Congrats!

How much these cost in US anyway?

Forror

Reaction score
gorgeous and insanely jealous. Maybe its the sun, or something but the rosewood both fretboard and neck look kinda dry, put some conditioner or some sort of oil (really any kind will help, Ive applied vegetable oil before and had good results after you let it dry up before playing) but itll get it moist and dark and perfect, and then youll have a perfect ebmm jp7. definitely top of my want list.

thanks! The neck and fretboard are definitely different from the headstock. Finished differently but I'm not sure what they used for the headstock vs the neck. The sun does seem to accentuate that difference quite a bit though lol. I'll look into it man!

Freakin' beautiful.
That's my dream JP righ there, favorite JP finish and the RW neck. GAS overdose.
Congrats!

How much these cost in US anyway?

thank you! I'm loving this combo more and more as I look at it. Sweetwater was selling this one for 2.7ish

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
They've got a redburst quilted and a blackburst with RW necks. I think im going to have to go sell one of my kidneys. Anyone know what the market value is of a lightly used and abused kidney? I drink a lot of monsters. :rofl:

EDIT: Seriously though, i need some money!

Forror

Reaction score
They've got a redburst quilted and a blackburst with RW necks. I think im going to have to go sell one of my kidneys. Anyone know what the market value is of a lightly used and abused kidney? I drink a lot of monsters. :rofl:

EDIT: Seriously though, i need some money!

There is a market depending on where you live ;]

I'd seriously recommend picking one up if you can save enough beans up though :p

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Congrats dude! And yeah it does get a nice spank or brightness, it's more inherent in dense rosewood which it seems we all got with these guitars. Gorgeous though dude! HNGD!

Forror

Reaction score
Congratulations! looks AWESOME! love it :yesway:

Congrats dude! And yeah it does get a nice spank or brightness, it's more inherent in dense rosewood which it seems we all got with these guitars. Gorgeous though dude! HNGD!

I loveee that tone. I've been learning some obligatory scale the summit because of it! Thanks n_n

Latest posts

')