NGD: EBMM JP12 Bali Blueburst (LOTS of Hi-Res pics; you've been warned!)

• Thread starter HighGain510
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
wait so... forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between this and a BFR? 'cause that looks like a BFR 'alright :lol:

EDIT: Forgot the proper "HNGD man!" and the "Holy shit that is pretty! :O" both of which your guitar rightfully deserves :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Faaaaaaaaaaack, nothing beats JPs. Nothin'.

A XII will be my next guitar probably. That and maybe an Eclipse II :p

bnosam

Ibanez Player
Reaction score
Amazing finish, I love the colour blue so much on guitars. Makes me wish I had a nice blue guitar like that :(

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
wait so... forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between this and a BFR? 'cause that looks like a BFR 'alright :lol:

EDIT: Forgot the proper "HNGD man!" and the "Holy shit that is pretty! :O" both of which your guitar rightfully deserves :D

Well the regular BFR is usually made of Alder + Mahogany Tone Block, it's also normally a 15" radius with Rosewood.

This one is all Mahogany + Flame Top, 20" Radius, and it's got Ebony on the Fretboard.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
LOVE that top!! One of the better JP's I've ever seen :agreed: Awesome score :)

Pretty please put white pickups and knobs on this :wub:

Tyler

Reaction score
I wish they made more with the solid mahogany body. That top looks incredibly sick too! HNGD

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
I get the feeling that Misha would really love that thing. Probably because of the finish. And everything else about it.
But srsly, HNGD dude!

77zark77

Reaction score
Congrats ! What a smart and beautiful finish ! :yesway: :)

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
I had no intention of buying it, but then I made the mistake of picking it up and playing it

hahaha thats exactly what happened to me.

"looks cool i guess. necks kinda comfy.."

2 hours of playing later.

"ILL TAKE IT"

Theyre also selling Luke III's in the same finish. I read somewhere that only 47 of each were made for this run. Wonder if there's any truth to that?

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Not my kind of guitars (sadly, because my initials are JP too) but that flame top is to die for. Stunning!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks gents, this is one of the better JP's I've owned to date (and at this point, I think I've had over a dozen, literally... :lol:)

Glad to hear you're doing great man! I love these things but I'm not a big enough fan of blue to commit lol

Also what happened to the hollow Thorn DeLuxe and that Mystic Dream JP7 you got on sale forever ago?

The Hollow DeLuxe ended up going to someone else (funny you mention it, Ron just finished it and posted completed pics of it last night, came out STUNNING, I'm majorly jealous of the guy who took that one home! :lol:) as the pricing structure on all of the Thorn stuff has increased and it was higher than I was originally quoted when I first inquired about it, so I passed unfortunately. :( With all the medical stuff going on I didn't want to have a monster chunk of cashed tied up in an expensive build that would be completed in a few months, then be forced to figure out where the balance was coming from on top of having to pay off the medical bills. More stress than I was willing to put up with over toys, so I did the responsible thing and let someone else take that one, not like I'm exactly hurting for guitars or anything. :shrug: :lol: That JP7 went back to Amazon as there was something funky about the neck carve on that one, it felt almost like there was a slight "V" to the middle of the neck. Had a ton of JP7's and the center of the neck wasn't quite right so it went back. As soon as it was relisted at the same price it was gone within a day, so someone else is enjoying that one now. I realized I wasn't really playing 7's a ton so I didn't want to keep bringing more and more in only to let them sit there not getting the playing time they deserve. :lol:

LOVE that top!! One of the better JP's I've ever seen :agreed: Awesome score :)

Pretty please put white pickups and knobs on this :wub:

Haha agreed! :D I was thinking of putting white pickups in there but the black looks good too and at this point I don't want to have to exchange the Dominion now that it's in AND have to buy a white Liquifire as well. Too much work, I'm lazy and it works as it is for now, maybe I'll swap them later or something. :rofl:

I wish they made more with the solid mahogany body. That top looks incredibly sick too! HNGD

Agreed on that point as well, I know the koa ones had mahogany bodies as well (pretty sure they were solid mahogany) and those sounded killer too. I got to play Misha's old koa BFR and it was incredible (although IIRC that had a rosewood neck, it's been a while at this point so I'm not positive but I could have sworn it had the solid rosewood neck option... :scratch:).

hahaha thats exactly what happened to me.

"looks cool i guess. necks kinda comfy.."

2 hours of playing later.

"ILL TAKE IT"

Theyre also selling Luke III's in the same finish. I read somewhere that only 47 of each were made for this run. Wonder if there's any truth to that?

:lol: I've done a great job of avoiding guitar stores and unfortunately I was in the area, stopped in to see what they had in their used section as it seems Rockville has a good deal of folks with a lot of money and not much sense (anyone who trades guitars in to GC is basically bending over and letting GC take advantage of them, but I guess the flip side is it provides some great deals to other folks looking for nice used gear at sometimes rather amazing prices, my PRS DGT was a used GC score! :D) and while I was browsing through a few pieces of cool used gear this one caught my eye, especially because the burst is perfect on this one and the figuring was surprisingly good for a BFR. I should have just walked out, but noooooo, had to check it out. :rofl: My poor wife was with me and just gave me the look like "oh jeez... really?" :lol: I didn't buy that day, but within a week I was back and it was all over! :D

Scattered Messiah

Kassandrian Dreams
Reaction score
And here I thought I have not a single GAS related craving right now
what a fool I was
I blame
YOU!
for throwing my mind of balance and incepting the thought to spend money on a guitar I would not even need.

she's so pretty :)

congrats to your find, be sure to tell me when you're selling ;-)

pkgitar

Reaction score
My god I got goosebumps when I scrolled down and saw the first picture! Very very nice :eek:
Congratulations!

Latest posts

')