NGD! - EBMM JP13 7 *Mega Pic-Heavy*

• Thread starter decreebass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Very curious about the illuminators, cool name too.

Great looking guitar man, slightly jelly haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
Haha yeah, I absolutely love my JP6, it just needs a 7 string sibling!

I'm stuck between a JP13 and a JPX (that's the chambered one guys hehe). The chambering, and 5 way switch have me set on the JPX. But then the built in boost seems really cool on the JP13.

Plus I love both the barolo and silver finishes so that makes it harder to decide hahaha.

Only one option: Sell your kidneys and get both. Or sell your kids. Or sell your kids' kindeys. Or, if for some reason your kids are loaded, sell your kidneys to your kids. Or, if you're clever enough, sell your kids' kidneys to your kids. Supply and demand, my brotha!

The boost is pretty cool; if I didn't use my rig for my other guitars I would totally take my TS808 off my pedal board. I'm not sure it makes up for the lack of pup configuration and chambered body though. I mean, I love it, but it's literally the ONLY EBMM I've ever touched in my life, so I really have nothing to compare it to, other than written specs.

decreebass

Reaction score
Very curious about the illuminators, cool name too.

Great looking guitar man, slightly jelly haha

They are really great. There's not a single note that doesn't sing for me. Right now I'm practicing the solo in DT's "This Is The Life" and it does everything from palm-muted triplet runs high on the neck on the wound strings to single note bends, slides, and sweeps with precision and clarity. If only I was good enough to play this guitar lol!

I think the illuminators JUST became available to the public today. I'm planning on getting a set for my DC747 - even if I have to do some routing to get them to fit. Who knows? Maybe then I'll like my Carvin more again :p

Illuminator 7 Neck
Illuminator 7 Bridge

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice! I love that color. One of the nicest ones i've seen. :yesway:

dcoughlin1

Reaction score
tumblr_mt76hsxLvU1soba38o1_400.gif

shredfiend

Reaction score
Sweet.
If they did that guitar up with an ebony board in silver burst I'd have one already. Like the ebony board to much on my JPXI.

decreebass

Reaction score
Sweet.
If they did that guitar up with an ebony board in silver burst I'd have one already. Like the ebony board to much on my JPXI.

I thought I'd miss the ebony, but, as JP says in one of the interviews, the rosewood is "more friendly." It's really hard to explain, but it works with this guitar. And of course, it's a very nice piece; got a couple blonde streaks (well, slightly lighter brown lol).

And you have to see the finish in RL to really appreciate it; it's gorgeous - the pics make it look like a tacky silver finish. In person it's a bit darker and more elegant, like you're wearing a Beamer around your neck. Again, it's an exquisite finish; I can't even call it a "color" because it's so much more than that.

And then there's the tone... OH, THE TONE!!!! Scrumptious!

I would do a video demo, but DT's new album is about to drop next week, so why bother? You'll be able to hear more JP13 than ever you thought possible!

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sparkly! Great to see them putting matching knobs on more of these.

decreebass

Reaction score
Flight_of_the_Navigator_35579_Medium.jpg
Sparkly! Great to see them putting matching knobs on more of these.

Yep. That was one of the selling points; I was looking at the other models that have the mystic dream finish, but I don't dig the black knobs. The chrome just makes this beast look all the classier; In a way, I kind of feel like my guitar is that space ship in "Flight of the Navigator." Remember that movie? lol

lobotom

Reaction score
This guitar looks amazing. Can't wait to try one. I have a JP7 Stealth and a JPX7 and told myself that that was it but after seeing this...I'm not sure. Congratulations!

Alex

decreebass

Reaction score
This guitar looks amazing. Can't wait to try one. I have a JP7 Stealth and a JPX7 and told myself that that was it but after seeing this...I'm not sure. Congratulations!

Alex

Whoa whoa whoa.... whoa. :spock: Are you saying these JPs become an addiction?!?! I don't think I can afford that addiction. I bought it to end my addiction to Carvin; it was my Carvin methadone.

FML.

I guess I better appreciate this moment when I don't have any desire for any other guitar. I'm sure it's fleeting :)

lobotom

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa.... whoa. :spock: Are you saying these JPs become an addiction?!?! I don't think I can afford that addiction. I bought it to end my addiction to Carvin; it was my Carvin methadone.

FML.

I guess I better appreciate this moment when I don't have any desire for any other guitar. I'm sure it's fleeting :)

It's a hard addiction to handle ($$$) I have two mainly because of the different woods and I like the newer lower cuttaway better. Also I have them tune differently and I'm changing the pickups in one of them to give it a different flavor. But man I like yours :hbang:

Alex

decreebass

Reaction score
So, if anyone ends up with one of these guitars and reads this, can someone tell me WTF were they thinking with splitting the coils in the middle position? The sound is completely useless. The coil splitter needs to be able to be applied when the selector is in either neck or bridge position (or both).

Man, it's frustrating.

Does anyone know what songs JP uses this combination on? I just can't imagine that coil-split middle position as my go-to for anything...

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
So, if anyone ends up with one of these guitars and reads this, can someone tell me WTF were they thinking with splitting the coils in the middle position? The sound is completely useless. The coil splitter needs to be able to be applied when the selector is in either neck or bridge position (or both).

Man, it's frustrating.

Does anyone know what songs JP uses this combination on? I just can't imagine that coil-split middle position as my go-to for anything...

It's funny, that was the only sound I really got on with with the JP7 I owned. Great for low- to mid-gain tones and cleans.

Latest posts

')