NGD! - EBMM JP13 7 *Mega Pic-Heavy*

• Thread starter decreebass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalThrasher

Thrash & Burn
Reaction score
That guitar is so awesome! Now I have gas for one which I may order in a few months! Question, I prefer unpainted necks like my JP6 has. How does the neck feel? The painted neck is the only thing holding me back. How does the 17 inch radius feel to you? If they made a sky blue JP7 with a 17 or 20 inch radius I would buy one in a heartbeat... too bad they only come in 15 inch radius.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
So, if anyone ends up with one of these guitars and reads this, can someone tell me WTF were they thinking with splitting the coils in the middle position? The sound is completely useless. The coil splitter needs to be able to be applied when the selector is in either neck or bridge position (or both).

Man, it's frustrating.

Does anyone know what songs JP uses this combination on? I just can't imagine that coil-split middle position as my go-to for anything...

I completely disagree, I love that tone and use it all the time for cleans.

ah_graylensman

Reaction score
So, if anyone ends up with one of these guitars and reads this, can someone tell me WTF were they thinking with splitting the coils in the middle position? [...]

Does anyone know what songs JP uses this combination on? I just can't imagine that coil-split middle position as my go-to for anything...

That's Petrucci's default clean sound, and has been since at least the Images and Words sessions.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
That guitar is so awesome! Now I have gas for one which I may order in a few months! Question, I prefer unpainted necks like my JP6 has. How does the neck feel? The painted neck is the only thing holding me back. How does the 17 inch radius feel to you? If they made a sky blue JP7 with a 17 or 20 inch radius I would buy one in a heartbeat... too bad they only come in 15 inch radius.

The neck feels perfect. I don't play with a deathgrip so really the only part of my hand that touches the back of the neck is my calloused thumb joint; So for all it matters to me, it could be finished with pissed-off Africanized bees - wouldn't affect my playing.

I know a lot of people get wrapped around the axel when it comes to back of neck finishes, but I don't mind. I love my tung oiled necks and I love my painted necks - I'm also a pretty adaptive player, so I can hang with either kinds of neck.

And I love flat fretboards, do the flatter the better :) Give me a 10,000 meter radius (flat, basically) and I'd be a pig in shit.

decreebass

Reaction score
That's Petrucci's default clean sound, and has been since at least the Images and Words sessions.

I've been experimenting with it a lot more and I've decided I do like it. I think it was just such a shock from the neck pup that I cringed - but it's growing on me... big time :hbang:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
decreebass, I saw your post up near the top of the page on the addiction to these things :lol:

I have another BFR on the way :rofl: can't wait to show everyone the family haha. I never would have thought that Mystic Dream a few years back would get me this hooked lol.

decreebass

Reaction score
Before I ordered this one, I spoke with Dylan over at Sweetwater to see if they could get me a JP13 in Mystic Dream... he said he was 99% sure that they could, but I ended up just going with the platinum silver: It would probably have been a several-month wait and several hundred dollars more expensive.

I still want a JP in that mystic dream finish though :) I want everything in my house painted in mystic dream!

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
And it shall be named... Mr. Sparkle.

sparkels-homer-simpson-mr-sparkle-x-254249.jpg

Latest posts

')