NGD: EBMM Majesty Content! W/ Clip

• Thread starter RevelGTR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Phone pics:
IMG_20150901_094722364.jpg

IMG_20150901_094736081.jpg

IMG_20150901_094727904.jpg

IMG_20150901_094753274.jpg

Okaaay. When the Majesty first came out, I hated it. I thought it impossibly ugly. I ended up going to a John Petrucci clinic one their last tour, and that changed my mind almost immediately. Getting to hear John explain all of the design choices and getting to play one gave me serious GAS.

So I finally picked up an Iced Crimson 7 a little while ago, and it plays amazingly. The shape is incredibly comfortable for playing with the guitar on your left leg, and I've actually grown to think that it looks pretty cool as well.

The Illuminators are nice, alot more different from the CL/LF then I expected. A bit more mild output wise, and a little dryer feeling. The neck pickups does the classic Petrucci lead tone in spades, and the bridge feels great for riffs. Beyond that, all the things that were excellent about the classic Petrucci models are excellent here. I've had the guitar for quite some time now and I'm confident that it's a keeper.

I've included a clip below. I'll warn everyone that it was inspired by my recent 2010 djent nostaliga, so it is literally all chugs. I actually like how it turned out, and the guitar part is a little trickier than it seems. Thanks everyone!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/will-schafer/ebmm-majesty-demo-1[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gallardo147

Reaction score
Happy NGD! How do these compare with the other JP models in terms of playability and just how the guitar feels?

77zark77

Reaction score
This is not due to the "showel", but I dig it ! :yesway: :cool:

Congrats :yesway::yesway::yesway:

RevelGTR

Reaction score
4 dammit! haha. Thanks for the compliments guys! So far this is my favorite Petrucci I've played, followed by the original JP7.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
HNGD and congrats! Always thought these had a very modern look. Compact but with enough flair to make the pedestrians look twice. Love the color & design cues. Gotta find one and try it out.... anyone ever seen a lefty?

RevelGTR

Reaction score
It just grew on me for whatever reason. The fact that it's 6.6 lbs and the best sounding JP I've ever played and I was sold.

JerichoCheng

Reaction score
yes for the look is not a good shape for me lol but i have to say Majesty is really the best 3 guitar ive played also! super comfortable for everything

HNGD !!

Reaction score
I have the exact same one :)
Got a JP7 I'm using as well. I prefer the Majesty not going to lie. Congrats dude. Enjoy it .

piggins411

Reaction score
I can vouch for the growing on you thing. I hated the way they look at first (still not crazy about the looks tbh), but it's easily one of the best guitars I've ever played. It's unbelievably comfortable.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everyone. They really are great guitars, the neck is just amazing. Super thin, but you don't realize it until you pick up a guitar with a thicker neck.

Brodolio

Reaction score
the color is not my favorite one, but ehi..it's a beauty!

morbidus

Reaction score
I have always thought these guitars look great and different so I don't really get why a lot of people aren't in to them too much. I think this one looks great! They are in the top 5 of my want list. Congrats!

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
This^

I've had some pretty gnarly gas for them since they first came out.

That being said, red is my least favorite color so I'm not too hot on this one.....but it's still nice!

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I was torn between red and white, but there weren't any readily available white 7's when I was looking, and the red looked really cool in person (John played a red one at the clinic I attended.)

absolutorigin

Reaction score
While I'm still unsure about the way they look, these play so unbelievably well. Great feeling guitar all around!

RevelGTR

Reaction score
To be honest I prefer bolt on necks, but I like the nice slim neck heal.

')