NGD! - Egan Custom Guitars .Strandberg* Copy!

• Thread starter bigswifty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

steffgang

Reaction score
Looks better than the bodens. I like that the pickups are angled. The hardware issue doesn't sound like something that can't be fixed with a bit of filing or some plastics like suggested previously - I'm sure you'll figure something out. HNGD!

downburst82

Reaction score
Looks great!! love that fretboard :yum:

would really be interested in getting a six if he does another run. I would have gotten in on this run for one but I didnt know he was open to doing 6's till I saw he was building one for someone else..I just should have asked I guess:wallbash:

Again awesome guitar looks like joe does great work!

ola_strandberg

Reaction score
-- snip --

As for the hardware, specifically the Strandberg bridge system, I can't say I'm too impressed. I have broken a total of 3 high e strings over the course of half an hour or so, and have learned that bends are practically a "use at your own discretion" kind of deal. This is because the strings are clamped at the top, but are super prone to breaking under pressure (moreso the high strings).

-- snip --

Hey everyone, the root cause for the issue with the strings breaking has been identified as a change in the brand of screw that fastens the string lock. Anyone that has this issue, please get in touch and we will send out a replacement. This will only affect strings < .012 or so.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Hey everyone, the root cause for the issue with the strings breaking has been identified as a change in the brand of screw that fastens the string lock. Anyone that has this issue, please get in touch and we will send out a replacement. This will only affect strings < .012 or so.

Good to know! I assume I'll need these after I receive mine.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score

From the man himself :hbang:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I was going to suggest sanding the bottom edges of the screws, but it looks like you won't have to :lol:

bigswifty

Reaction score
Cheers to all the great replies guys!

Messaged Ola back about the nut screws and great to say I will be getting replacements. It's awesome knowing that both Joe and Ola are stand-up guys who really take their business seriously!

Thanks again to Ola for fixing the issue. :metal:

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
I had to vote you for Guitar of The Month....this is a beautiful axe man

geofreesun

Reaction score
bumping this thread because I have received my replacement hardware from Ola (like 2 weeks ago), hope everyone needing those also have received by now?

Latest posts

')