NGD - EGC Baritone Aluminum/Acrylic 6 string

ben_hurt

Reaction score
HOLY NUTS I LOVE THIS GUITAR.

EGC Scott Kelly (Neurosis) Signature-based baritone 6 string. 2 EGC humbuckers, 30", 20 Frets, 1 Vol/1 Tone. The neck runs through to a resonator plate in the body where the bridge and pickups are attached. It weighs approximately 972 pounds, but I absolutely love playing it. It'll get it's live debut on Saturday. The neck really feels like nothing else I've ever played, and the sound is just incredible. I'll get a vid up soon.
56UP40k.jpg

qvw1CwK.jpg

aUM9hEY.jpg

Il6Z3cg.jpg

jZjnXDC.jpg

hWe2ZfQ.jpg
kvYDRMG.jpg

yhrYHaP.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ben_hurt

Reaction score
It's a complex and very different sound. I gotta get a clip up. The acrylic actually projects a ton of bass and warmth. It can definitely be harsh if you want it to be, but it reminds me of somewhere between a Martin and a piano.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
:bowdown:

Any photos of the back of the body?

Ray

ben_hurt

Reaction score
don't have one handy, but I'll take one tomorrow when I jam next. It has a plastic plate the same shape as the pickguard, unlike the backs of the armstrongs. You can see the resonator plate through the side of the guitar, too, though it's pretty well disguised.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Acrylic and aluminum? They couldn't find some way to work depleted uranium into the design?

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Its so weird that their 30" baritones seem to be short scale basses with 6 strings instead of guitars with long scale lengths. The 20 frets on a guitar just seems out of place but its how Mustang basses are built.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
That looks amazing! I've been seeing a lot of aluminum neck stuff online lately and I'm really starting to come around to it. The fretboard alone is a thing of beauty.

But holy crap, that thing must be seriously heavy. My shoulder is hurting just looking at it.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Seriously, how heavy is that thing? Kickass and unique guitar, something you don't get to see every day, unless some bigger name Stoner/Doom band is coming through town.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Wow, that looks incredible! I imagine it sounds super unique. You're a lucky man, happy NGD!

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Dude, that guitar looks absolutely sick! Very nice!!

Though I know this will only be a dream, I bet an 8-string version of that -all the other specs the same- would kick some major ass. (Yes, I'm on an ERG kick, so sue me :lol: )

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
Man that is a cool bass VI but I couldn't imagine using it on stage, that thing must weigh 20 pounds... Cool AF though!

ben_hurt

Reaction score
@Carl - it's got a pretty unique sound. The bridge and pickups are all mounted directly to what is essentially the neck. The aluminum runs all the way into the body. The Armstrong's use a wood neck, bridge and fretboard unlike this one. There is no wood in this guitar. It's a very loud guitar and sounds almost acoustic when not plugged in. The aluminum brightness comes through if you hammer on it, and depends a bit on your amp setup, but it can make very rich and warm tones, too.

Zsharp

Reaction score
Does the neck cause tuning issues with temperature change? I've read that they can get a little wacky when going from cold to hot settings due to extra expansion of the materials, figured I'd ask an actual owner of one though!

Latest posts

')