NGD: Emerald JPX (56K is green with envy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Uhmm, not trying to be rude but... what?

Triforce_Picture.jpg

It's a reference to Legend of Zelda's Triforce lore haha, it gets split constantly into 3 parts (Power, Wisdom, and Courage). And the player has to find them all to beat the quest in each game most times. Courage is green, and Austin has two Ibanez models with a blue and red sparkle.

I'm not too rusty on my LoZ lore thankfully :cool:

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
That makes sense. :lol:

Guess I wasn't familiar with the guitars he had.

Reaction score
Dude, that's awesome. :yesway:

I'll be expecting a NGD with some badass photos of yours.

Oh, you will. Don't you worry. :shred:

Do we know who else got Emerald Green JPX's? Dubaldo was telling me that only a few of them were even ordered. He was thinking less than 5.

Horizongeetar93

the sparkle guy
Reaction score
Triforce_Picture.jpg

It's a reference to Legend of Zelda's Triforce lore haha, it gets split constantly into 3 parts (Power, Wisdom, and Courage). And the player has to find them all to beat the quest in each game most times. Courage is green, and Austin has two Ibanez models with a blue and red sparkle.

I'm not too rusty on my LoZ lore thankfully :cool:

You da best brotha

lobotom

Reaction score
That is Bad Ass!!! I'm not a green fan but that is gorgeous! Congratulations.

Alex

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
Oh, you will. Don't you worry. :shred:

Do we know who else got Emerald Green JPX's? Dubaldo was telling me that only a few of them were even ordered. He was thinking less than 5.

I have no idea. I think sweetwater also has a emerald JPX. Besides that, I don't know.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I think this is the nicest emerald JP I've seen. What really makes it is the deep and 'darker' green color mixed with the black hardware. DAMN I can't stop looking at your pics. It's gorgeous. Aside from a JP12 Baliburst, this is the nicest JP i've seen.

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
They no longer do, since I bought it today....NGD as soon as I have it!

That's awesome man. :yesway:

I think this is the nicest emerald JP I've seen. What really makes it is the deep and 'darker' green color mixed with the black hardware. DAMN I can't stop looking at your pics. It's gorgeous. Aside from a JP12 Baliburst, this is the nicest JP i've seen.

The Bali Burst is gorgeous. I'd love to own one.

Aesthetically speaking, the black hardware did set it apart for me. I wanted the other specs too but the black hardware was the selling point for me.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
That's awesome man. :yesway:

The Bali Burst is gorgeous. I'd love to own one.

Aesthetically speaking, the black hardware did set it apart for me. I wanted the other specs too but the black hardware was the selling point for me.

That was the same thing I wrestled with. I ultimately decided though that the 20" radius was more important to me than the black hardware- but that wasn't an easy choice to make. They really need to make these (11s & 12s) with black hardware or somehow have an option for it.
My JPXI-7 in Emerald Green sparkz will be here tomorrow.

Reaction score
They really need to make these (11s & 12s) with black hardware or somehow have an option for it.

That's my biggest gripe with Music Man as of late. The anniversary models make sense to be a certain spec, as long as the guitar is a limited run, say, maybe only for that year. If they were discontinued to make way for the new year's model, that would make more sense.

But now it's 2013, and we have 4 anniversary models which are all available to be ordered. It's silly, I think. They should consolidate all of these into one model and add all the options, just like the original JP and the BFR JPs are. Anniversary body with your choice of: hardware color, body chambering, 5 way blade or 3 way toggle, fretboard radius, fretboard wood, fretwire, and whether you want the pre-amp from the JP13 or not.

If they wanted to cut down on options, they could at least make each model able to be ordered with different hardware color and paintjob, that wouldn't take much more effort on their part, and I'd bet they would get quite a few more guitar purchases. I know if If I could order a JP12 with black hardware, I'd be adding a decent chunk to my credit card balance.

')