NGD: Emperion 7 scorpius shocker

• Thread starter capoeiraesp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
After the many months of waiting and then trying to get a refund around the end of May (to no avail), my guitar arrived yesterday.
What has been forced upon me is diabolical to say the least. I have never seen a new guitar of such poor standards in my 10 years of playing.
I have since pulled the guiar apart with a luthier friend of mine.

The nut: Improperly cut and left with white touch up residue
emperion007.jpg

The back of the guitar: yet more white touch up
emperion006.jpg

emperion004.jpg

The neck pickup ring: cut because the route is too close to the neck
emperion003.jpg

emperion011.jpg

Flecks of dust and crap UNDER THE GLOSS! This is throughout a lot of the guitar
IMG_1648.jpg

2 thumb marks in faint black smudge UNDER THE GLOSS!
emperion014.jpg

Appaulingly installed jack. The lead won't go all the way in so it sits slightly loose
IMG_1650.jpg

This one speaks for itself.
photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

I'm still somewhat lost for words over it all.
I have been in contact with Emperion and they've basically played down the faults.I got the same dribble as the other guy did on his terrible setup and complete lack of tuning stability.
It seems that since the guitars are out of their hands the Emperion guys don't care in the least.
Have I been compensated?
Well, kind of. I got a free extra set of BKPs and a lundgren. They also sent me $80 for the case it didn't come with.
Would I have preferd a straight refund? Hell yes! Now i've got to sell parts and a guitar body.

Fire away guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Wow, that's poor. These are mistakes you wouldn't expect to see on an extremely lowend/cheap guitar.

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
straight refund!!!! That's fucking LAME of them to even sell that thing in the first place!!!
Should have gone for Agile!!!Pity you dude!!!

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
wow the binding looked like shit... the pickup ring being cut ... wtf.. When the routing was found to be off, they should have started over or blocked/rerouted.
The fucking fretboard with the filler ect.. looked like total shit....
You have a right to be pist off man!
Cant believe the finish flaws... Thumb prints and trash in the paint..
Makes me sick.. its not even my guitar...
That guitar looked used and beat up / poorly repaired.

I feel sorry for ya bro...:ugh:

edit.. Im sure you taking it apart voids any refund... Not that it sounds like they were going to give you one anyway.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks ass. I just hope I can make the money I spent back on selling the hardware and extra pickups.
I don't know how people feel comfortable selling this shit. I feel guilty if I don't disclose every small scratch on a guitar on Ebay when selling.

Snyt, your fretboard is not ebony.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Holy. Fuck. :holy:

I must reinforce that Psyonicist and I must be the "Special Edition" winners. Of all examples so far, that one is, to these eyes, the most horrid. What on earth happened to that neck joint - if we can even call that POS a neck joint?

The rest is shockingly horrible as well, so I don't think it's worht it to beat a dead horse, and I can't help feeling sorry for you for being subjected to this atrocity. :(

The one thing I've noticed is that the countouring on the black and white examples is different, as well as the whole finish inconsistencies. I may be mistaken, but these discrepancies in terms of quality, finish, and even shape are indicators of two completely different instrument runs.

Snytbaggen

Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks ass. I just hope I can make the money I spent back on selling the hardware and extra pickups.
I don't know how people feel comfortable selling this shit. I feel guilty if I don't disclose every small scratch on a guitar on Ebay when selling.

Snyt, your fretboard is not ebony.

I suspected that, and now I know for sure. Thanks. But I still think it's weird that the quality differs that much on our guitars, since they probably were made at the same time. I don't have any of your filler/crack/crap under the clear coat problems that you have, and the neck pickup ring isn't cut either. Haven't had the chance to look beneath it, though.

Psionicist

Reaction score
Holy Shit!:realmad:

I am with Prydogga on this one. This is the last straw!

At this point, I am surprised that:
1. The white paint didnt turn out to actually be Liquid Paper
2. You didnt find termites in there somewhere

and the fingerprint/smudge...that's just fucking unreal!

Their whole story about "some guy ripped us off and then ran off with the money"...maybe they can send that guitar to the Italian crime lab to help them narrow down the search for the moron who is the real fuck-up.
My guess, he is probably still working there! I guess their QC people arent allowed to wear thier glasses to work!!

I hope you guys upload these images to youtube or something so this kind of thing comes up when someone searches "Emperion".

The sight of that guitar and that you didnt get a refund fills me with nausea and rage.

Snytbaggen

Reaction score
I suspected that, and now I know for sure. Thanks. But I still think it's weird that the quality differs that much on our guitars, since they probably were made at the same time. I don't have any of your filler/crack/crap under the clear coat problems that you have, and the neck pickup ring isn't cut either. Haven't had the chance to look beneath it, though.

Just to clarify: My guitar isn't perfect at all has a lot of flaws, but this guitar is way worse...

Sebastian

Reaction score
Holy batman !
Sorry to hear about that...
That's awful... :noway:

guitar4tw

Reaction score
Holy shit, it looks like some sort of elementary school project. Really sorry for you, dude.

Instant boycott!

tatgren

Reaction score
Mann, i must to say that i am a lucky man, my emperion guitar doesn't look like that piece of *****...awwwwwww

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
That guitar made me laugh pretty hard.

That sucks man and i hope these bastards get what they deserve.

asstone

Reaction score
Just remember that i bought a b stock guitar from Agile which was reduced in price by 300 dollars (from 1000) due to a one inch brown mark under the clear coat, i.e. a tiny cosmetic flaw brought down the value by 30%.

failshredder

hammer every cock
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. Glad we could all learn a lesson from your mistake.

BUT.

It's "appalling." Holy shit on a stick, I wanted to gouge my eyes out every time you misspelled that.

Latest posts

')