NGD: Emperion 7 scorpius shocker

• Thread starter capoeiraesp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
the $100 chinese LTD's look better than that. christ.

I have six or seven Ibanez GIOs (the lowest of low quality) and they don't even have these defects. Some of them RETAILED for $120.

Snytbaggen said:
I suspected that, and now I know for sure. Thanks. But I still think it's weird that the quality differs that much on our guitars, since they probably were made at the same time. I don't have any of your filler/crack/crap under the clear coat problems that you have, and the neck pickup ring isn't cut either. Haven't had the chance to look beneath it, though.

Well the main contributor is poor factory QA/QC, which goes hand in hand with a non-automated painting process (i.e. the factory was probably one of the lesser ones out in Korea).

I think another reason why there is so much variance in quality is that Emperion decided to use some of the instruments that wouldn't pass QC, and just "patched" them up to be workable. The fact they sent that through the door is appalling.

Corwin

Reaction score
I still don't get why people still think of getting an Emperion. Up until now they are inconsistent, and even if its cheap, getting a guitar like this would make my heart break.
I really feel sorry for you guys who ordered one, even if it is "ok".

longfalcon

Reaction score
I still don't get why people still think of getting an Emperion. Up until now they are inconsistent, and even if its cheap, getting a guitar like this would make my heart break.
I really feel sorry for you guys who ordered one, even if it is "ok".

especially when agile is a known quantity, and of course there are the established import brands....

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still don't get why people still think of getting an Emperion.

Two main reasons:

A) People are inherently cheap. That's not a dig, it's just the truth. I mean, who wants to pay more for something when they potentially could get it cheaper. Like I said, it's not a dig on those who buy "cheaper" guitars. This goes hand and hand with impatience as well, and once again, it's not a dig. I'm the type of guy who takes coupons to the store, and pays a premium for overnight shipping. I'm in a glass house here.

B) People don't like to feel cheated, so they tend to make some of the "smaller" issues seem like not such a big deal. They figure "I got it for so cheap, so I got what I payed for.", which is fine, but that doesn't mean they didn't get fleeced. It just just means they can rationalize it to themselves.

I'm not shitting on those who got am Emperion, I'm just making an observation of which I've seen in tons of different cases, not just this one. I still put ALL of the blame on Emperion and they're shady, and let's face it, downright criminal, business practices. I really hope you fellas are made whole, and this leads to the dissolving of the Emperion brand.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
For the sake of all future potential purchasers, you MUST put a thing on you tube showing all that stuff! This is just ridiculous. And yeah, I believe his thing about he guy that works for them being the scammer is BS. Just a convenient lie to cover up the fact that they're scammers.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What an absolute disgrace. I try never to comment on these kinds of things but this just pushed me over the edge. For someone who wants a new 7 for super cheap, I would just stick with Agile, Schecter, or ESP. They're not perfect either but by-and-large they're pretty nice and would never put out garbage like this.

AhsanU

pew pew.
Reaction score
Have I been compensated?
Well, kind of. I got a free extra set of BKPs and a lundgren. They also sent me $80 for the case it didn't come with.
Would I have preferd a straight refund? Hell yes! Now i've got to sell parts and a piece of shit guitar body.

Fire away guys.

I'd hardly call that a compensation for poor craftsmanship.

But yes, we're in the same boat. They're not gonna refund us, and we'll both have to sell the parts that were thrown in and just cut our losses. These guys aren't gonna give us back our money, so we'll just give 'em a terrible reputation and hope no one else buys from these guys.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Man, that sucks. Glad we could all learn a lesson from your mistake.

BUT.

It's "appalling." Holy shit on a stick, I wanted to gouge my eyes out every time you misspelled that.

It's a case of me being Australian and you being American. There's a lot of odd words we each spell differently.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Cheers for all your support and condolences guys.

On a much more positive note, my mrs said I can have a custom made Ormsby as my wedding gift! She is very sympathetic to my situation and has just cemented even further that she's the right woman to marry.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Two main reasons:

A) People are inherently cheap. That's not a dig, it's just the truth. I mean, who wants to pay more for something when they potentially could get it cheaper. Like I said, it's not a dig on those who buy "cheaper" guitars. This goes hand and hand with impatience as well, and once again, it's not a dig. I'm the type of guy who takes coupons to the store, and pays a premium for overnight shipping. I'm in a glass house here.

B) People don't like to feel cheated, so they tend to make some of the "smaller" issues seem like not such a big deal. They figure "I got it for so cheap, so I got what I payed for.", which is fine, but that doesn't mean they didn't get fleeced. It just just means they can rationalize it to themselves.

Well Ive owned my share of cheap guitars and they all had better finish than the piece of crap seen in this thread. I feel sorry for anyone who get cheated like this. Really sad. :(

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
That's just nasty. I will be sure to recommend against Emperion to anyone who would ask.

JacobShredder

Reaction score

On a much more positive note, my mrs said I can have a custom made Ormsby as my wedding gift! She is very sympathetic to my situation and has just cemented even further that she's the right woman to marry.

I've been following Mr. Ormsby's builds forever, he's actually the one who got me into guitar building with his stuff.

All I can say that his builds these days are..still pretty damn amazing.
The man does amazing work, I've seen him chop the headstock off one of the most amazing necks i've ever seen because he accidentally dropped it, when he obviously could've just fixed it. The man's a perfectionist, he will make you happy I guarantee it haha

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score

Dude, you're a lucky man. Then again, when I think about it, if I were to marry my girlfriend she would probably let me order a custom guitar as a wedding gift also :p

Great women are great:bowdown:

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Yeah I am lucky.
I've known perry for about 6 years or so and the guy has always gone above and beyond helping me out.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Their "master luthier", literally, going by the info sheet that came with the guitar.

Latest posts

')