NGD!! Epic Xiphos Win!! FTW!! (56k, it can't hurt to try)

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a new Xiphos today via a trade with forum member testament19. I traded my Schecter Hellraiser 7 w/blackouts 707tw (farewell) in exchange for this. I've been pacing and refreshing the UPS page for the past three days, but it was well worth it.

Enough talk... heres what you came for.

Just arrived about 30 mins ago...

P1010496.jpg

Massive box... inspector #2 checks for bombs, midgets or the random cliff racer.

P1010497.jpg

mr. vai approves. :wavey:

P1010501.jpg

P1010502.jpg

Apparently these things are pretty tasty, lets hope she passes these things fine. :lol::lol:

P1010503.jpg

She gives the okay and deems this box and boxes in general "pure win".

lets see whats inside...
P1010504.jpg

P1010505.jpg

:hbang::hbang::scream::scream::hbang::hbang:

P1010507.jpg

Reverse headstock is win.

P1010506.jpg

Ultra thin neck is win.

I'll get some play time in now that I've made the thread... the strings are light-gauge and I might have to change that, also I'll have to see if I get along with these pickups seeing as there seems to be a 50/50 consensus on them.

Heres the updated family shot, minus my schecter acoustic that is on loan to my brother at the moment.
P1010508.jpg

^^Oh yeah, I forgot to do a NBD thread (I got that with my Rondo refund moneys) but theres that.. It too is win.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit balls that bass is pure colour lushness!
xyphos is killer too but good looooord!

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
lol, yeah the top on that looks excellent, I kinda want a guitar with a finish like that now.

anyways. it's a Peavey Cirrus 5... I got an excellent deal on that, and it plays excellent for the price.

Bevo

Reaction score
Nice guitar, tried one at the shop and poked my girl in the belly..that was it for that bad boy!

That bass needs its own story, looks like its on fire!

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
lol, i'm half tempted to add a few more sexi bass shots in this thread from the feedback.

just a quick comment on this guitar... it's definitely got the neck-heavy lean towards the headstock, I thought it was a 2009, but i misread and it was actually just bought in early 2009. Which really doesn't matter as this guitar is fucking awesome. besides that, it came setup low as hell and i like it, i thought my setups were low, but i might have to try it like this on my other guitars from now on.

I think I'm just going to remedy the situation with a new decent strap instead of adjusting the front of the strap position, I'd rather not drill a new hole in this beauty.

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
Nice little collection you got going mate, and that RG7620 turned out awesome.
You really worked that oil into it, it's looks nice, mine's got scratches and shit all over it.

Reaction score
Dude, awesome! I planned on grabbing one of those someday in the near future. I would trade a Schecter for that 10 times out of 10, I don't care what pickups are in it haha. Speaking of, what pickups are in your Xiphos? Stock?

testament19

Reaction score
the xiphos has stock Dimarzio D'Activator 7 passives.

They are okay, but I'm an active fan.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll be adding one more massive purple beast in between these hopefully next month... i'm just hoping everything works out this time.

congrats! i just traded for one, is it neck heavy at all?

Yeah, when you're standing, it pulls down quite a bit... I can easily hold it up and control it's movement with my forearm in playing position on the body, but with a nylon strap it feels like it's half a second away from slipping the entire time. I'll find something w/rubber or leather later today, drilling will be a last resort.

the xiphos has stock Dimarzio D'Activator 7 passives.

They are okay, but I'm an active fan.

I do like passives, but these D'Activators aren't quite up to snuff on the low-B/E/A strings. The attack is kinda muffled a bit and not defined, the blackouts absolutely slay 'em. The neck pickup is somewhat okay, though I really didn't check to see how they sound clean. I'll try them out later tonight at practice.

Thanks for the trade! :bowdown:

:yum: is that a chameleon finish? I love the blue/green i have on mine. :yesway:

The finish is absolutely excellent, none of the photos I've seen do it any kind of justice.

testament19

Reaction score
The finish is definitely crazy and does have to be seen in person. It will look purple, green, blue all over the place depending on lighting.

As for the neck dive, I tended to play it kind of propped up by placing my right leg between the points if that makes sense. It stabilized the guitar for me and made soloing a breeze. Ibanez tried to move it the peg to the right spot with this '09 model and they ALMOST got it right. It is way better than the '08s.

I agree about the pickups and the attack. Even the 707s slay them in my eyes. It wasn't until I got my Loomis that I was for sure going to send the Xiphos off!

Again, thanks for the trade. We're both happier now haha :yesway:

')