NGD: Epiphone Les Paul 7 (56K...lol?)

• Thread starter TheMasterplan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I've been talking about getting my new Les Paul 7 for a while and I've had it for about two days but now I have a camera so here goes!

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Can't beat natural lighting:

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

First impression: Fucking excellent. There's a lot for me to get used to: TOM/Stoptail bridge, wider neck, 24.75" scale, C shaped neck, etc. but I've already fallen deeply in love with it and it was definitely a step in the right direction for me. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the bridge pickup. It's mud city, but the neck is actually phenomenal as far as stockers go, so I think I'll keep it but that bridge pup has got to go. I'll post some vids later. God damn I'm so excited to be playing this thing and since it's my first NGD I don't really know what else to say.

Love it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kheros

Seasons Change
Reaction score
Grats, that's a beautiful guitar. I'm actually thinking about getting one of these for my next seven. About how much do they go for now?

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Grats, that's a beautiful guitar. I'm actually thinking about getting one of these for my next seven. About how much do they go for now?

After taxes and shiz it came to about $450. The ones I've seen on the bay go for just over $400.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
I love it! the colour/sunburst remind me vintage Hohner and Guild.
I really want to see one with gibson headstock...I dont like the Epi one...

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :hbang:

Really stoked to be owning such a quality instrument.

MaKo´s Tethan;1633920 said:
I really want to see one with gibson headstock...I dont like the Epi one...

The differences are subtle at best :scratch:

Gibson:

Gibson_head_stock.jpg

Epiphone:

LPSEPI-HCSB_headstock-front.jpg

And even still I'm pretty sure it only comes in one style. Could be wrong though :scratch:

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
I don't know what I'm doing about a replacement bridge pup, but I hear tell lots of people here swear by those Bare Knuckles. I'll make a new thread in the electronics section tomorrow and we'll have a discussion about what helps bring out mahogany's awesomeness more.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
I tried a few different pickups when I got mine and the Duncan Invader 7 really fit the LP7 well.

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
I'm really thinking I want one now. I kind of did before, I'm pretty sure I do now.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
2 tobacco burst lp7's in 1 week.

Welcome to club LP7. :metal::cool:

Thank you sir. :cool:

I'm really thinking I want one now. I kind of did before, I'm pretty sure I do now.

If you can get your hands on one, I'd do it. There's a bit of a learning curve for me, but I still love this thing. The 24.75" is probably what's taking the most time to get used to, but it's a small thing and it'll come with time. It riffs, it shreds, it does it all man. :yesway:

Latest posts

')