NGD: Epiphone LP Prophecy

• Thread starter Jem7RB
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jem7RB

Rootbeer
Reaction score
Ok, so it's an early xmas pressie fo ME !!!!!! it's not what i went to buy, having tried out a Zakk epi i tried 3 gibson std's at the same store, then noticed this epi with EMG's so i tried it out, By fuck it's one of the nicest LP's wether it's Gibbo,Epi,Heritage,Tokai ... i also tried out the Explorer and SG versions, but they didn't have the mojo this one had, i haven't picked up another guitar since i got it, except my Std Faded :shred:

PICS ........ And yes it IS 24 fret

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
oh! I have to respect Epiphone now, I did`n know they make such a beautiful guitars! Congrats!!!

testament19

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the les paul shape, but the prophecy model looks sweet. Congrats!

amassivetree

Reaction score
I was super-excited when those came out, I thought "gibson finally gets it..". How's the neck, any faster than the usual LP neck?

Jem7RB

Rootbeer
Reaction score
I was super-excited when those came out, I thought "gibson finally gets it..". How's the neck, any faster than the usual LP neck?

faster, maybe a little, nicer to play on, well thats open to interpretation, according to a few friends tho, it feels a little more comfortable and slightly more "speedy" when compared to my faded lp, althou i put this down to being 24 fret and being satin finished, it does feel more shallow tho.

I'm loving the satin finish, however it's slowly polishing up, i guess it'a had a few hours of play tho :)

Duraesu

Reaction score
the only thing that annoys me its the headstock... Epiphone should do a new one =/

overall its a sweet looking guitar! congrats on the purchase!

Ironbird666

Reaction score
The quilt top looks gorgeous dude!! I've toyed with the idea of picking one of those up for a while now, still unsure. I'm thinking a new 7 is in order first. :shred:

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
very nice!

I have the explorer model, the fixed bridge one. For some reason the floyded one didn't quite sound as good as the TOM one, and the red finish is to die for on the explorer :eek:

Regardless these models are great, I love them :yesway:

NickB11

Reaction score
Those are awesome guitars for the money...I played two of them and both of them had just as good quality as the Gibson Les Paul Studios, and honestly I thought they felt better too! Congrats!

mat091285

Reaction score
faster, maybe a little, nicer to play on, well thats open to interpretation, according to a few friends tho, it feels a little more comfortable and slightly more "speedy" when compared to my faded lp, althou i put this down to being 24 fret and being satin finished, it does feel more shallow tho.

I'm loving the satin finish, however it's slowly polishing up, i guess it'a had a few hours of play tho :)

Congrates Rob :metal: just wanted to ask where are these made? Korea or China? ... I am tempted to get that Black Cherry with the Gold Dirty Fingers haha has a nice look :wallbash:

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
Congrates Rob :metal: just wanted to ask where are these made? Korea or China? ... I am tempted to get that Black Cherry with the Gold Dirty Fingers haha has a nice look :wallbash:

I have that one, its beautiful. And it was also the first lp I actually enjoyed playing. The prophecy series is very nice.

')