NGD! ESP Alexi 2006

• Thread starter RLG167
  • Start date
  • Tags
    alexi esp
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RLG167

Reaction score
NGD for my new 2006 ESP Alexi! I bought it last week from Reverb and it showed up yesterday, I love it! I've wanted an Alexi for a long time and finally found one in my budget (I won't say what I paid for it, but it was an absolute steal;) ) the thing plays and sounds great, super lightweight and great balance. It's going to be my new #1 for live use.
Here's a picture for you guys:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/157681405@N05/47641035591/in/dateposted-public/

guitaardvark

Reaction score
COB was the soundtrack of my early high school experience and I would have killed for one of these. I've since strayed away from Vs and metal but these things are still so badass. I love this one so much more than the green one ESP has right now. HNGD!

mogar

Reaction score
Though not a priority at the moment, I will buy one of these one day and stick a neck single in it. Very nice sir.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
naisu! you actually don't see the real ESP version of this or the yellow/black too often

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
HNGD! Those are pretty sweet and that one in particular looks great!! You gonna keep it all stock?

Masoo2

Reaction score
Always loved these guitars, even if I was never a huge CoB fan (Are You Dead Yet? is a classic though)

One day I'll buy either an Edwards Alexi or an ESP NV and probably tune it to C# standard/Drop B

RLG167

Reaction score
HNGD! Those are pretty sweet and that one in particular looks great!! You gonna keep it all stock?
Oh yeah, this has an 81 installed and it's probably my best sounding guitar!

RLG167

Reaction score
naisu! you actually don't see the real ESP version of this or the yellow/black too often
yeah, and this is the original shape, the newer versions of the Alexi have a deeper cutaway

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Awesome guitar! I have the Black and Yellow LTD version from the same year. It is way up there in quality and playability.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Nice! Did someone replace the EMG-HZ it came with with an active EMG? I always thought it was weird basically only Alexi used the HZ

RLG167

Reaction score
Nice! Did someone replace the EMG-HZ it came with with an active EMG? I always thought it was weird basically only Alexi used the HZ
Yeah it has an 81 but I think it may be original, all of the wiring is very clean and I believe this was a first year production run so it's possible it could have left the factory with it. It doesn't have a hole for the active boost Alexi uses but who knows. It sounds great, that's all that matters to me haha

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
The one guitar I still have a massive boner for from being a teenager haha. HNGD!