NGD ESP AW-7

• Thread starter Mattykoda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get one of these for a while and by now it probably seems like a bandwagon thing with all the new NGD's on here but fuck this is a awesome guitar. I dig the neck shape and the ability to access the higher frets with ease. This is my first guitar with a hipshot bridge and is ridiculously comfortable to play compared to a tonepros. The blood red does not do justice in pictures you have to see it in person. As for the sound I couldn't ask for more, love the D activator's and it does have dark characteristics to it like everyone has said but its not overwhelming. Again I apologize for the crappy phone pics its all I got right now. And Alex my friend thanks for making such a badass guitar!:hbang:

b4467553-56cc-48f1-8bc9-4e396108044a.jpg

b5473fab-e22f-40fa-9b2f-ee6453d910ff.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

acauseforpatric

Reaction score
So sick! Congrats dude! I had the opportunity to play one at the Sam Ash in Hollywood (it's probably still there if anyone is in town wanting to play it) and it was great. Very nice guitar, and despite it being an LTD model it definitely was a quality instrument.

Griffo

Reaction score
Congrats! Looks beautiful. Really interested in this guitar, but keep reading reviews about the pickups being really dark/muddy - is this true?

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
(....) it probably seems like a bandwagon thing with all the new NGD's on here

HNGD! Great axe!

And who cares about jumping bandwagons, just look at all the Ibanez guitars, they're all the same, not to mention their production volume. So your axe still stands out from the crowd :yesway:

Congrats! Looks beautiful. Really interested in this guitar, but keep reading reviews about the pickups being really dark/muddy - is this true?

It's a a maple neckthrough guitar with an ebony board. That's a dead cold guitar with loads of attack. If that's going to sound muddy with whatever which pickup, then it's time to check everything else but the guitar. Floppy strings, muting technique, amp settings...

I think this guitar is bought by a lot of people buying their first 7 or an upgrade from some P.O.S. that wasn't capable of producing any lows at all, and that's where this misconception comes from I think.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
I would like to play one of these - they look nice. congrats!

Mattykoda

Reaction score

It's not muddy at all trust me, the d activators do there job well and bring out a lot of clarity. Compared to my garza which has 81-7 and 60-7 to me the passives speak more in overall tone of the wood. As bk4life said people may not be used to the lows it produces and technique or amps settings could also effect it, not to diss anyone though. When your getting your chug on its deep, heavy and brutal not muddy. IMO its got that low end punch a seven string should have, hell even the cleans sound good but from all the reviews Ive read with people sayings its too low or dark I do not agree with that. I'll try to get a sample up sometime so people can hear the comparison but don't be intimidated by what people are saying

')