NGD: ESP Ben Savage BS-7

• Thread starter sirshredsalot
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sirshredsalot

Reaction score
Really badass guitar. Im amazed at the quality. Just about beats everything in the price range by a longshot. Im even thinking about selling a couple guitars to get a buz, or AW-7. The neck feels amazing.. the finish is really thin, thinner than a prestige neck. I'm also stoked they didn't skimp out and use puny frets on these things, they are nice and meaty. The neck profile is perfect. Doesn't feel super thin, but enough to please any ibanez fan. It feels and looks twice its value. Sounds amazing!

These pics don't do it justice.
IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Progfather

Reaction score
Glad to read some feedback about this new guitar. I've been keeping an eye on this thing for about a month since it is everything I want in a quality 7 string. (Quality passive pickups that come stock? That's unheard of!) *sarcasm*

I'm pumped to get my hands on this thing. Great job scoring that axe.

slaiv

Reaction score
I just can't get past that headstock. Everything else looks killer.

Looks like a natural finish on the neck? Or is there a layer of satin on it?

Angus Clark

Reaction score
My favourite model by ESP right now. Absolutely beautiful.
Congrats dude.

mniel8195

Reaction score
does the neck feel plasticky? not really a word but i have noticed that on some of the ltd's ive played with maple necks.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
I wish ESP/LTD would mask off their unpainted necks in a more aesthetically pleasing manner instead of that angular crap. Also, can't deal with cockstocks.

...but other than that, stellar specs/looks. With the recent slew of quality signature LTDs (that one might actually buy since none of them have giant graphics or band logo inlays) it would seem they are on a distinguished road.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Killer dude! Absolutely bad ass combo.
Gonna go against the haters of the cock and neck masking.
I love the cockstock on this and most any horizon ESP produces and the angled style of body to neck masking is awesome. That satin finish must feel great assuming it is the same as what they have on the Rob Arnold model.
Congrats!

sirshredsalot

Reaction score
cockstock? Yesplease.

yeah, I love the cock too. I Prefer it over the hockey stick actually.

The neck has a satin finish. Think Ibanez prestige with slightly less finish. No gloss to it. Its actually identical to the coat they use on the ESP M-II. So if you've played one of those, thats how it feels.

The neck doesn't feel plasticy at all..Thats actually something I was concerned about, along with the frets. The LTD's I played in the past didn't feel this good. Frets are nice and beefy and the neck fits the hands nicely. I remember reading somewhere that the profile was modeled after the ESP 7.

prashanthan

Reaction score
Wow, it looks so much better than the pictures on the ESP website. Do the inlays glow in the dark? Perhaps it's just me but they look like they ought to, which would be quite practical actually. Happy NGD mate, really nice axe!

...and the cockstock is awesome.

sirshredsalot

Reaction score
Wow, it looks so much better than the pictures on the ESP website. Do the inlays glow in the dark? Perhaps it's just me but they look like they ought to, which would be quite practical actually. Happy NGD mate, really nice axe!

...and the cockstock is awesome.

Nah, they don't glow. But the white pops just enough to aid in navigation. I personally prefer the inlay less look. It has side dots which help out.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
freakin' amazing!
if it didn't have a trem i'd be ALL OVER DAT :)

Would love to hear some sound clips if possible and i'm sure everyone else on the board is dying to hear it as well :-D

')