NGD: ESP Ben Savage BS-7

• Thread starter sirshredsalot
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Gotta say, this one is my favorite of the Whitechapel sigs. Nothing against Alex, though. :wub:

Grats. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyr

Reaction score
hey, does it sound bright and djenty? or can it cope with say a jeff loomis low end tonewise?

Reaction score
hey, does it sound bright and djenty? or can it cope with say a jeff loomis low end tonewise?

In my experience it's somewhat brighter of a guitar, but it chugs well for Loomis type stuff, not really very djenty unless you're trying. I can switch between it and my all mahogany Hellraiser without much problem. The pickups will be the main difference between what you're wanting tone-wise. The EMGs in my 6 string Hellraiser have more gain than the CL/LF combo in my BS-7, so I have to add a bit more gain when I switch to the 7 from the 6.

mickeyr

Reaction score
In my experience it's somewhat brighter of a guitar, but it chugs well for Loomis type stuff, not really very djenty unless you're trying. I can switch between it and my all mahogany Hellraiser without much problem. The pickups will be the main difference between what you're wanting tone-wise. The EMGs in my 6 string Hellraiser have more gain than the CL/LF combo in my BS-7, so I have to add a bit more gain when I switch to the 7 from the 6.

thanks that really settled my concerns! but does the neck pu get a rich petrucci / michael romeo voicing or is it closer to malmsteen\loomis\becker tone?
thanks again

Latest posts

')