NGD: ESP Custom Shop Horizon III (by Craft House)

• Thread starter Fiz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fiz

Reaction score
Hi there,

This has been a while in the making, but yesterday I finally managed to get the guitar back from being set up and took a few photos as well..

Here are the specs.

ESP Horizon III, Custom Shop (one off) model by Craft House

Alder Body
Maple Neck (3 piece, NT)
A slightly fatter Thin U -profile
Ebony fretboard
25.5", of course
Original Floyd Rose
Full binding

BKP Nailbomb in the bridge, Painkiller in the neck.

ESP1.jpg

ESP2.jpg

ESP3.jpg

ESP4.jpg

ESP5.jpg

Here are my two babies, the JEM and the ESP. The JEM ('88) with BKPs has been so far the best sounding guitar I've ever heard or played (truly, bar none), but now I don't know anymore ;)

ESP6.jpg

ESP7.jpg

ESP8.jpg

ESP9.jpg

This is the guitar that replaced by Blackmachine B6. I was simply unhappy with the way the B6 sounded. I felt it was kind of dull, sterile and lifeless. Definitely great for djent, but I needed something else for my needs.

Well, this is something else. The wood of the body resonates in an incredible way. Strum one string gently and you can feel it in the whole body. The tone is very full bodied, even fat, clear and singing. The pickups suit this guitar really well.

When first playing the guitar after plugging it in, I felt like someone had turned on the reverb without me noticing. It's incredible how good the simplest chords can sound with the right guitar. It seems like the notes will ring forever. The leads sound full bodied and truly sing, I'm enjoying playing solos and melodies in a whole new way with this guitar. When chugging riffs the sound is, of course, still full and also really clear. It's very, very powerful and strong.

I don't know really what else to tell. Feel free to shoot me with any questions! I had the guitar setup and it plays like a dream, feels really solid and the finishing on the guitar is simply perfect. I feel like a better player with this guitar, I love the way it sounds and I love the way it feels like it has a soul of its own. I'm not sure the pickup covers are the best match for this guitar, but since I had them already, I thought I'd have them installed and well, they don't look nearly as bad as I thought..

Here's hoping this guitar will stay with me for a long, long time! :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
interesting that you mention the BM's being sterile sounding, i would agree with you (solely based on the recordings i hear).

gratz on the ESP dude nice grab.

Fiz

Reaction score
It's actually not brand new, couldn't afford to put 7-8k USD into a guitar, honestly. But yeah.. I was terrified, but knew it'd make for a few decent pictures. Never been so careful with anything in my life, hah :D

Jontain

Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing, the idea of that touching that gritty tarmac makes me cringe! at least put a tea towel underneath it lol.

Absolutly stunning though man!

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Congrats. Looks great, love the cock stock. The last 3 pics are fucking painful to look at though.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Congrats, man! Very nice score! :)

And now for the NGD tip of the day: if you find a place in which you'd really LOVE to take pics to show off the new axe, but said place has the potential to VICIOUSLY RAPE your finish, socks are your friends - easy to conceal underneath the axe, they come in all sorts of size and consistency, and they are something you're bound to have at home. If you happen to be Jesus or one of the Apostles, thus possessing no socks, use a piece of your tunic instead. ;)

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
However, don't use Fred's socks as they're bound to stick.......

Very nice guitar indeed - understated and classy :)

Shredcow

Mangled Beef
Reaction score
When first playing the guitar after plugging it in, I felt like someone had turned on the reverb without me noticing.

Aye... A very well-crafted guitar would possess this quality.

Congratulations! It looks KILLER.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
holy mother of pearl! nice guitar :)

mickytee

Reaction score
dude...tarmac...ouch...
nice guitar though!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Man that is a stunner, not often we get an NGD this epic around here. Any chance of videos?

Also that neck looks waaaay long, messing with ma head.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
This is the guitar that replaced by Blackmachine B6. I was simply unhappy with the way the B6 sounded. I felt it was kind of dull, sterile and lifeless. Definitely great for djent, but I needed something else for my needs.

My gas for a Blackmachine is going down by the month these days... a little odd %80 of the people that buy em, sell em right after they get em.

BTW, That ESP is fuckin sweet, and full of win. :hbang:

')