NGD: ESP Custom Shop Tele 7

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bower1

Reaction score
Why is there not more guitars like this in the world. That thing is so nice. You have great taste.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Alex has said specifically that ESP wouldn't do the Tele as his sig model because Stephen Carpenter has his claim to it. Which to me, I don't understand... Just because 1 guy has it he's got the right to monopolize that particular body shape so nobody else can have or use it??? I can see why Chris Garza went to Schecter for his signature and don't blame him for it.

It makes sense from a business point of view, especially when connected to big name artists.

btw it's extremely common, Vai has 7 string signature exclusivity with Ibanez, with the exception of Munky/Korn (which required Vais approval) In fact some companies will only offer signatures in specific shapes, or refuse to do a 'new' shape (Ibanez again, Wes Borland for example)

Reaction score
It makes sense from a business point of view, especially when connected to big name artists.

btw it's extremely common, Vai has 7 string signature exclusivity with Ibanez, with the exception of Munky/Korn (which required Vais approval) In fact some companies will only offer signatures in specific shapes, or refuse to do a 'new' shape (Ibanez again, Wes Borland for example)

But then again, we're comparing Ibanez to ESP. The problem with anybody getting a signature model for the longest time was the fact that all Ibanez would allow was the RG body shape. That has changed recently with guys like Mick Thomson, but still it's either a mod'd RG or nothing. And for the guys in Korn, prime example. They had to get Vai's approval to get endorsed for the UV's, but not their own K7's/Apex models...

This is a different story when an artist won't allow anyone else to use a particular body shape like Stephen is with the Tele as a mass produced model. And ESP should just come out ith the T7 already here. Makes no sense to me how again 1 guy has the right to monopolize a body shape so no one else can have or use it.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
This is a different story when an artist won't allow anyone else to use a particular body shape like Stephen is with the Tele as a mass produced model. And ESP should just come out ith the T7 already here. Makes no sense to me how again 1 guy has the right to monopolize a body shape so no one else can have or use it.

Again, you're making a huuuuge leap of logic in your assumption that it's something Carpenter has anything to do with.

Reaction score
Again, you're making a huuuuge leap of logic in your assumption that it's something Carpenter has anything to do with.

I don't... Otherwise I think we ALL would have seen the LTD of Alex's Tele 7 for his signature model instead of the AW-7. Co-incidence, I think not. And why else haven't ESP released the Stef-T7 anywhere else but Japan? ESP and everybody else knows that either the Stef-T7 and/or the Tele 7 Alex has would sell better than almost anything out there right now. Just think about it, the back-orders and wait times would be so much worse than when Ibanez decided to release the RG7620's :agreed::nuts:...

But I'm not complaining about the AW-7 because it's one of the most amazing guitars I've ever played and put my hands on. And I'd STILL take an LTD of Alex's Tele 7 over the Stef-T7, a much better looking and way sexier guitar by far!!!

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I would like to see a new EX that has a 7-in-line headstock rather than the Horizon one the 307 has. Or better yet, an ESP EX-7.

But as for T7s, if they ever release them outside of Japan, I hope they keep them ESP. I would hate to see it be ruined by the production of a T-607, or god forbid, a T-207. :ugh:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
I don't... Otherwise I think we ALL would have seen the LTD of Alex's Tele 7 for his signature model instead of the AW-7. Co-incidence, I think not. And why else haven't ESP released the Stef-T7 anywhere else but Japan? ESP and everybody else knows that either the Stef-T7 and/or the Tele 7 Alex has would sell better than almost anything out there right now. Just think about it, the back-orders and wait times would be so much worse than when Ibanez decided to release the RG7620's :agreed::nuts:...

But I'm not complaining about the AW-7 because it's one of the most amazing guitars I've ever played and put my hands on. And I'd STILL take an LTD of Alex's Tele 7 over the Stef-T7, a much better looking and way sexier guitar by far!!!

I think you missed my point. I was just saying you're making a jump in logic by assuming that Carpenter has anything to do with the decision, rather than it being one made by ESP.

jazz_munkyy

Reaction score
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
ALEX, ITS SO PRETTY, CONGRATS
im gasing for a 7 string tele so bad
all i have is a custom body :/

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I would like to see a new EX that has a 7-in-line headstock rather than the Horizon one the 307 has. Or better yet, an ESP EX-7.

But as for T7s, if they ever release them outside of Japan, I hope they keep them ESP. I would hate to see it be ruined by the production of a T-607, or god forbid, a T-207. :ugh:

I whole heartedly agree about you with the EX307 not having the inline 7 headstock like the 6-string counterparts :noway::nuts::nono::scratch::rolleyes:... What were they thinking???

I also wouldn't mind either a 607 or 207 version of this Tele 7... Pickups and hardware are easy and cheap enough to get and swapping it is just as easy. The 607 would be better than the 207 obviously, but still... And even if they would have made this his signature, I think it would have been the single, stand alone model like the current AW-7 is now. Either way, I'll take one!!! :agreed::hbang:

I think you missed my point. I was just saying you're making a jump in logic by assuming that Carpenter has anything to do with the decision, rather than it being one made by ESP.

Maybe, and sorry if so. But either way who's ever decision it is/was is stupid and poor for both thier sakes. ESP for not making a model everyone would buy, and Stephen's for not pushing ESP to finally make a production model of it here in the US so more fans and Tele 7 admirers can have one, and ESP can still make another small fortune off the new model at the same time.

Who knows... Like I said, many can only hope and wait in the meantime.

Aaarggh! Stop resurecting this thread. I had pretty much got over my 7 string tele gas :lol:

Funny thing is, even if this thread wasn't brought back to light I STILL would have had major GAS for a Tele 7 of this style and magnitude. I knew it was here and that's all it took was my eyes and mind to see it and fall in love!!! So don't feel bad man, your definitely not the only one still GAS'ing over this sexy bizitch.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Well first of all you probably would not get a production version of this guitar for the sheer fact that Swamp Ash is not a common, necessarily cheap wood. It also receives much more hand care with this stain and finish than a simple stain and clear that you see on production guitars.

With that being said, if you guys are super curious about them bringing the Tele to the US market - has anyone emailed ESP and asked about it?

RevelGTR

Reaction score
What a great guitar! That headstock is awesome.

Reaction score
Well first of all you probably would not get a production version of this guitar for the sheer fact that Swamp Ash is not a common, necessarily cheap wood. It also receives much more hand care with this stain and finish than a simple stain and clear that you see on production guitars.

With that being said, if you guys are super curious about them bringing the Tele to the US market - has anyone emailed ESP and asked about it?

Ah, points taken into consideration about the swamp ash and the amount of work that would go into the staining process. But I'm sure that ESP could use something different for body wood and do a more normal stain process. But then again, Gibson did make the Voodoo series with Swamp Ash and those are really incredible guitars also. Even if ESP were to make this as a normal ESP version, it'd be the one I'd buy since trying to come across an older SRC-7 is nearly impossible along with getting a Stef-T7 here in the US...

And speaking of which about asking ESP about getting the T7's here in the US... I have called and emailed ESP several times about it and never got a response back regarding it. However, I DID see this posted on the ESP website the other day...

"Are the models shown on the ESP Japan website available for sale in the USA?
No, the only models shown on this website are available for sale in the USA. Models available in other countries are only available for those markets."

So ^ basically tells us that we have a better chance at getting ice water in hell before we can get any type of T-7 here in the US made by ESP, whether it's an ESP or LTD.

Like I said, poor marketing decision on thier part.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:bump:

Bumped because everyone needs to see this guitar if they haven't already.

jbard

\m/
Reaction score
So ^ basically tells us that we have a better chance at getting ice water in hell before we can get any type of T-7 here in the US made by ESP, whether it's an ESP or LTD.

Like I said, poor marketing decision on thier part.

You can find a non-US dealer and have them ship it to you. I got me M-II CTM Origional Series direct from Japan. Just know it won't be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')