NGD: ESP E-II Horizon NT-7B Snow White Satin (Limited Run)

• Thread starter simonXsludge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Oi!

I recently started working with ESP and ended up grabbing two of their E-II Horizon NT-7Bs. The first one I got was the matte black one. They finally went for covered, passive-sized EMGs instead of soapbars on the 2019 model and also switched from a TOM to the Hipshot fixed bridge one or two years prior. Both huge improvements in my book!

The guitar rules, albeit being a bit heavier than I typically like. I swapped the regular EMG 81-7 for an EMG 81-7X, which was definitely a significant improvement. But I also needed a backup for the first Nightmarer tour, so I went and visited the ESP headquarters in Los Angeles before the first date of the tour.

For some reason, they had one of these white ones still laying around. It appears to be a B-stock of the limited run The Axe Palace did a few years ago. B-stock, because the pickup routes are a bit messy, which I can live with. The rest of the guitar is perfect, though.

I remember when this run originally came out and I just couldn't justify spending the money on it at the time, but I wanted one sooo bad. So I guess it was meant to be and man, do I ever love this guitar.

Enough talk for now, here are some photos:

IMG_6457.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

IMG_6459.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

IMG_6460.jpg

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

Ebony_and_Ivory_edit.JPG

And some live shots:

Live1.jpg

Live2.jpg

How about a live video?

Oh yeah, and a rig rundown?

I figure this should be enough, haha...

There are a couple of things that I particularly like about this NT-7B, also in comparison to my black one. It's lighter, frankly has the better sounding pickups (Fishman Fluence Moderns), the vol knob is out of the way and moved to the tone position and it just looks so fucking good.

It turned into my main guitar right after I played it for the first time and I ended up using it for the vast majority of the tour. I will shoot a play through video with it in September.

Kind of a cool fact: The tech that sets up James' and Kirk's ESPs also set up both NT-7Bs for me on the day before the tour - and he did a great job! Visiting the ESP USA shop and getting the tour was a great experience for sure.

Enjoy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I was expecting the tuxedo approach with black pups, but nah, that white on white is killer

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
That is a beauty.
I actually watched the GearMasters video the other day, lol.

Congrats on your endorsement and some beauty instruments.

DeathbyDesign

*Palm Muting Intensifies*
Reaction score
That guitar is beautiful. Something about the white color with black hardware/white pickups just sets it off big time. Bummed I missed you guys when you rolled through AZ but looking forward to the next time you come through.

2liveis2die35

Reaction score
Oi!

I recently started working with ESP and ended up grabbing two of their E-II Horizon NT-7Bs. The first one I got was the matte black one. They finally went for covered, passive-sized EMGs instead of soapbars on the 2019 model and also switched from a TOM to the Hipshot fixed bridge one or two years prior. Both huge improvements in my book!

The guitar rules, albeit being a bit heavier than I typically like. I swapped the regular EMG 81-7 for an EMG 81-7X, which was definitely a significant improvement. But I also needed a backup for the first Nightmarer tour, so I went and visited the ESP headquarters in Los Angeles before the first date of the tour.

For some reason, they had one of these white ones still laying around. It appears to be a B-stock of the limited run The Axe Palace did a few years ago. B-stock, because the pickup routes are a bit messy, which I can live with. The rest of the guitar is perfect, though.

I remember when this run originally came out and I just couldn't justify spending the money on it at the time, but I wanted one sooo bad. So I guess it was meant to be and man, do I ever love this guitar.

Enough talk for now, here are some photos:

IMG_6457.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

IMG_6459.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

IMG_6460.jpg

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

Ebony_and_Ivory_edit.JPG

And some live shots:

Live1.jpg

Live2.jpg

How about a live video?

Oh yeah, and a rig rundown?

I figure this should be enough, haha...

There are a couple of things that I particularly like about this NT-7B, also in comparison to my black one. It's lighter, frankly has the better sounding pickups (Fishman Fluence Moderns), the vol knob is out of the way and moved to the tone position and it just looks so fucking good.

It turned into my main guitar right after I played it for the first time and I ended up using it for the vast majority of the tour. I will shoot a play through video with it in September.

Kind of a cool fact: The tech that sets up James' and Kirk's ESPs also set up both NT-7Bs for me on the day before the tour - and he did a great job! Visiting the ESP USA shop and getting the tour was a great experience for sure.

Enjoy!

Loving those Esp's!!congrats

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats!

Honestly I can't fucking stand ESPs bland fingerboard inlays and "ESP" logo on the 12th fret. They ruin the whole guitar for me. But that white guitar with blank ebony fretboard... NOW WE'RE TALKING. Just gorgeous.

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
i saw this on instagram first, its sick as fuuuuuuuuuuuck! man, the white pups does it!
I want one!
I DONT REALLY NEED MORE GUITARS BUT I WANT ONE

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i saw this on instagram first, its sick as fuuuuuuuuuuuck! man, the white pups does it!
I want one!
I DONT REALLY NEED MORE GUITARS BUT I WANT ONE

FWIW we have one of these in mint condition from this run available. A collector who bought it originally a couple years ago traded it back in earlier today.

')