NGD! (ESP Eclipse)

• Thread starter Sjusovaren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sjusovaren

7-string n00b
Reaction score
Mr. UPS-man finally delivered my new guitar today. :) A friend of mine who works at World of Strings in Cali hooked me up wonderfully. :) I figured less chatty, more pictures:

S6000662.jpg

S6000663.jpg

S6000664.jpg

S6000665.jpg

S6000667.jpg

S6000669.jpg

S6000670.jpg

S6000671.jpg

S6000673.jpg

S6000674.jpg

S6000675.jpg

That is an ESP Eclipse II in Snow White. :) The store I got it from changed out the EMG's for DiMarzio D-Activators at my request since I've wanted to try those, gonna switch 'em out for something with less output a.s.a.p. :) Extremely nice guitar, I like it a lot so far! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinchester

Reaction score
Woo-hoo!! Welcome to the Eclipse Club !! :D and a ESP one at that ;)

Nice call with the passive pup conversion. I'm going to put some BKPs in mine soon enough :)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Those guitars fucking slay, best LP style guitars I've ever played.

Sjusovaren

7-string n00b
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :)

Woo-hoo!! Welcome to the Eclipse Club !! :D and a ESP one at that ;)

Nice call with the passive pup conversion. I'm going to put some BKPs in mine soon enough :)
Nice! What finish do you have on yours and what are you gonna put in there pup-wise? :) I'm thinking about dual Paf Pro's on this one or maybe an Norton/Air Norton set.

Vinchester

Reaction score
Nice! What finish do you have on yours and what are you gonna put in there pup-wise? :) I'm thinking about dual Paf Pro's on this one or maybe an Norton/Air Norton set.

You gave me a chance to show-off :rolleyes:

It's a gloss black finish.

After bothering forumites in two forums and Tim of BKP himself, I'm still undecided lol. But it's definitely going to be a high-output BKP on bridge and a medium one on neck. Might be his new BKP Aftermath set.
Paf Pro would probably go well with that, though the closest to Paf I've ever tried was a pair of IceBuckers.

I don't know about you but I'd say avoid pups with super-boomy bass because the guitar has got plenty low-end.

DSilence

Reaction score
Congratulations man! Nice guitar, How come there is no battery compartment left over from the EMG's? I am just going by what my EC500 had.

gui94

Banned
Reaction score
I've played the LTD-401 and it rocks. I bet that EC is a nasty bitch (in a really good way :hbang:). Congrats!

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Congrats! I like the white! I prefer the vintage black but I heard that finish was dis-continued?:scratch:

Vinchester

Reaction score
what's the difference betwen an Eclipse and an Eclips II? I never saw the difference :scratch:

Eclipse I has 4 knobs, looks more like a Gibson.
Eclipse II (post-lawsuit) has 3 knobs and the horn cutaway is shortened to make it look more different from Gibson LPs.

I think there are minor hardware changes too, like Sperzel vs Gotoh tuners.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Eclipse I has 4 knobs, looks more like a Gibson.
Eclipse II (post-lawsuit) has 3 knobs and the horn cutaway is shortened to make it look more different from Gibson LPs.

I think there are minor hardware changes too, like Sperzel vs Gotoh tuners.
not really, no...you can get the I and II with 4 knobs and with the same cutaway. The USA II model is different than the everywhere-else II

Vinchester

Reaction score
not really, no...you can get the I and II with 4 knobs and with the same cutaway. The USA II model is different than the everywhere-else II

Ok mate you beat me lol! I thought I know all about Eclipse since I had been researching the thing for a month before buying mine :nuts:

So.. many.. different models... head asplode... I'm getting back to play mine. :shred:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ok mate you beat me lol! I thought I know all about Eclipse since I had been researching the thing for a month before buying mine :nuts:

So.. many.. different models... head asplode... I'm getting back to play mine. :shred:
There used to be a distinction but now there are so many models there is a lot of crossover...it used to be the I was plain and the II was fancy but now it's not really so.

Latest posts

')