NGD: ESP/LTD AW-7

HellGamer666

Reaction score
My brand new Alex Wade signature AW-7 arrived today and it's an absolutely gorgeous guitar! I don't have a camera currently, but I will try to upload some pictures in future.

The first thing I noticed about the guitar when unboxing it was the matte black pickguard and how great it corresponded with the red "bloodburst" finish. From the tip of the headstock to the bottom strap button, this guitar looks undeniably classy.

I'm sure that anyone reading this will be somewhat familiar with the specs of this guitar, so I won't bother going through them. This is my first guitar with an ebony fretboard and I'm not sure whether I like it or not. To me, it feels a little plasticy, though I'll admit it is very easy to slide up and down the strings. The DiMarzio D-Activator pickups give a tight, defined sound, but I think I'll be swapping them out for a CL/LF combo down the track. It might just be my amp (Randall RG100G3), but they're not quite giving a satisfactory "djent" sort of tone. The "fake" hipshot bridge is very nice, also. I think I prefer it over any TOM, even if it's not the real deal. The neck feels very similar to the one on my MH-1000, which is A-okay by me. :yesway:

The guitar came packaged very nicely and it was shipped quickly, especially in comparison to my last purchase, which took over a month to get to Australia from America. My only real complaint is that there are several small chips on the fretboard on the 23rd and 22nd frets; no doubt a result of the international delivery it underwent.

All in all, I love this guitar. Even though I'm not huge on the pickups, I think it's a wonderfully spec'd beast that Alex himself should be very proud of. For my first seven string purchase, I couldn't be happier.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

apiss

Reaction score
Well, you can make us all a bit happier if you post pictures :lol:

All in all, HNGD!

EDIT: Post pictures when you get a camera :lol:

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
:worth:

does it sound dark to you? i hear thats an issue people are having because of the mahogany/DA combo

JoeChugs

Reaction score
i agree with this guitar sounding too dark, but couldnt pin point what was causing in. dont know why it'd be the DA's, since i have a set in my six string mahogony in drop C and it isnt dark at all.

The DA neck to bridge is a good idea though, id love to hear a sample of that.

T-e-r-r-y

Reaction score
Thru-neck mahogany = dull, thuddy stuff IMO

I can't believe it's still thuddy with DAs in it...

Such a beautiful guitar though, and I can't wait to see some pics!
Happy NGD, bro.

Latest posts