NGD: ESP LTD EC-407 Black

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Got this bad boy from ESP today. I think they either just started shipping or they are shipping soon, but this actual guitar was a prototype but still looks the same as the retail version.

For it being a lower end LTD I was VERY impressed with this guitar. I don't know if i have just been out of the Mahogany game for too long (i've been playing Alder since signing on with ESP in 2008 and playing the Stephen Carpenter sigs) but this guitar sounds MONSTEROUS. It has low mids for DAYS and sounds so chunky and thick. It is a VAST difference than my Horizon NT-7 which is alder but they both have an EMG 81-7 in the bridge and 707 in the neck. When I pulled it out of the case and jammed on it acoustically and heard that it was even loud and percussive acoustically i knew it was going to sound sick plugged in.

I think it has definitely re-kindeled my love for mahogany hahaha, not that it ever went away, it's just been so long since i've played a mahogany bodied guitar.

The neck actually feels great. Pretty standard 7 string width, with the thickness a little thicker than an Ibanez. It's comfortable to play standing and even more comfortable to play sitting. The only complaint I have is just with the nature of the body it is SLIGHTLY neck heavy. Nothing remotely near a Viper body style but it does dip slightly.

If you're looking for a 7 string that sounds chunky as all fuck while still retaining clarity then this is the one!

2rwuic4.jpg

2hce3ic.jpg

1252hhs.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nautilus

Lefty supremacist
Reaction score
I play the 6 string variant of this. If it's anything like my EC-1000 beauty, you're a very lucky guy.

Defsan

Reaction score
LP styled bodies and TOM bridges are usually the elements I dislike the most on a guitar, but damn that looks beautiful. Happy NGD!

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Alex. Happy NGD man! Good to see I'm not the only one to be one of the first select few to have one of these. I placed the order for mine in the beginning of September and I just took it home last night.

But I agree, it is loud acoustically, and the slight neck dive is minor as well and easy to control. I'm swapping the 81-7 in mine for a 707 and 60-7 combo for now - I'm looking at the 707TWX & 707TWRX's for mine as I like as much tonal variation as possible out of my guitars.

But very cool man. Glad I'm not the only one who really enjoys this thing! Happy NGD bro!!!

jr1092

Avalanche in D Minor
Reaction score
Happy NGD. Wish you would have had that this past weekend when I saw you guys at the Starland Ballroom. I would have loved to check it out.

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
Man why are LTD models soooo tempting to get?! H-1007FRs and now Those! I'm in a pure ESP Gasm state! Happy NGD but this thing needs a video! :)