NGD: ESP LTD EC-Black Metal

• Thread starter ZXIIIT
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
can it do more than just black metal? Thinking of getting an M model, but if it can only do black metal than I dunno. Not looking for Jazz or Blues, just other types of metal and shit

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
That was my thoughts exactly. Sometimes I am in the mood for thrash metal or death metal. Is it possible to play on these or black metal only? What about maybe a Rammstein riff or two could it do that?

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
It’s a killer guitar! Glad we could work out a deal and it was smooth transaction!! @Zombie13 was great to deal with.

Congrats and HNG!!!

Likewise!

I'd love a guitar that plays nothing but Black No. 1 every single day, tbh.
And a bass!

can it do more than just black metal? Thinking of getting an M model, but if it can only do black metal than I dunno. Not looking for Jazz or Blues, just other types of metal and shit
Sorry, Black Metal only, :p

That was my thoughts exactly. Sometimes I am in the mood for thrash metal or death metal. Is it possible to play on these or black metal only? What about maybe a Rammstein riff or two could it do that?
No, the fretboard radius is specifically meant for Black Metal, could probably sneak in some Blackened Death Metal, but wouldn't risk it.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Likewise!

And a bass!

Sorry, Black Metal only, :p

No, the fretboard radius is specifically meant for Black Metal, could probably sneak in some Blackened Death Metal, but wouldn't risk it.

Blows my mind that someone would even ask this??? Like it is clearly only able to play black metal, I just hope no one tries to play tech death or some other ill suited genre on one of these guitars. I mean even the bridge and tuners are black... how can someone not understand.

lewis

Reaction score
when you threw it on the floor HAHAHAHA
So unexpected but super funny.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
I love the look of 1-pickup, no fretmarker guitars. They look so awesome.

Unfortunately when I play guitars with no fret markers, I get lost in the frets. Maybe I just suck or haven't been playing for long enough, but they do affect my ability to find frets. :/

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Rumour has it that if you play a major chord on these you will be stoned to death.
Or set on fire, as is tradition.

How's the quality on this if you don't mind me asking?
It's well built, have had no issues, even after dropping it.

when you threw it on the floor HAHAHAHA
So unexpected but super funny.
I actually did drop it, luckily, it received no damage.

I love the look of 1-pickup, no fretmarker guitars. They look so awesome.

Unfortunately when I play guitars with no fret markers, I get lost in the frets. Maybe I just suck or haven't been playing for long enough, but they do affect my ability to find frets. :/
Side dots are helpful for that!

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
one spec you left out...

hair no hair

j/k :rofl:

its blacker than the blackest black x infinity....hngd!

Pat

Reaction score
It's a cool looking guitar, but I can't be the only who thinks why limit yourself by having only 1 pickup and a volume control? I've always been of the opinion that if you don't want to use them then just leave the tone turned up full and don't bother switching pickups - anyone else think the same?

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
if you don't want to use them then just leave the tone turned up full and don't bother switching pickups - anyone else think the same?

What's your reasoning?
I feel like using the same logic grocery shopping, you'd be like Hm... well, I don't eat mayo... But maybe I should get some just to keep in the fridge

Consider this: the magnetism of a pickup reduces sustain, at least a little tiny bit. Not having an extra pickup that you never use will increase sustain as compared with a 2 pup version.

Also, I think you'd be surprised how many guitarists only use the bridge pup and never touch the tone knob. It's true for me, at least (and I don't even own any single pup guitars :lol: ... hm, maybe I should...). Honestly, and I'm just pulling this out of my ass, but I'd bet that it's actually the majority of guitarists.

Last edited:
')